8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
thanks! yeah i don't feel special and i didn't suddenly grow a beard and i'm not showing any signs of old age so i guess i'm good for another year... lol yeah me a travis could get a couple of kegs...of milk :facepalm: it'd be a killer party

also i have wed off so just let me know when a good time for you is. i'm free after 1

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It doesn't even get that far. I try to open it after it downloaded and just got an error message. I'm re-downloading to see if it'll let me burn it to a CD. It's not in ISO format from the initial download.
it doesn't download as an ISO. it downloads as 3 or 4 separate files (can't remember which). one of them is an executable file. opening the exe. should get you going. it takes about 3-4 hours to upgrade so be prepared to not use your computer.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Chris, I finally got Win7 on the computer. I had to do it through USB boot because for some reason Win7 doesn't recognize my DVD drive...
So I got it on and now I have more problems than ever. Lol. No sound, no DVD drive, no internet. :unamusedpopcorn:
Anymore ingenious finds as to how to get the internet working? lol. I think if I can at least get on the internet I can find the right drivers to get the rest of the stuff to work.. Unfortunately I tried everything I could find to get the internet working with no luck at all. :(
A friend is going to come try and help me later but we'll see how that goes.... god I hate windows.
should have just done 32 bit :p

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This was still trying to install Windows. I tried to get it to run in Safe mode but it wouldn't work b/c the install never finished. When I do regular it doesn't finish.
The main thing is all the blue or yellow lines (depending if in windows or whatever) and all the weird characters that show up before windows even loads.

your graphics card or motherboard is effed. most likely it overheated and damaged one or the other.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.