8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i didn't win but I was suprised at how well the Si did. I was holding at his rear bumper, i'm very suprised at what this lil car can do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Same here i raced a g35 and i was surprised that it took him a while to pass me but he did beat me im not gonna lie and im stock too i dont why im always racing cars that i know i cant beat lol but once im boosted it will be a different story
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
things like this make me wonder if its even worth spending 10k more for a g35 or 350 or watever if an si can hold on its bumper.

but anyways good job
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,589 Posts
I will say this: the first time I met an '06 Si, I spanked him so bad with my G35, it was simply no contest. I have a G35 and an Si. The G is definitely faster, especially when you get things rolling. Don't get me wrong, I love the Si and have spent more time in it than my G, but my G is still lots of faster. Nothing like lots of torque and more horsepower to boot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,384 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
I will say this: the first time I met an '06 Si, I spanked him so bad with my G35, it was simply no contest. I have a G35 and an Si. The G is definitely faster, especially when you get things rolling. Don't get me wrong, I love the Si and have spent more time in it than my G, but my G is still lots of faster. Nothing like lots of torque and more horsepower to boot.

Hell Yeah :dancing:

I love those G35 specially the Coupe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,949 Posts
yes the g should beat the si easily, and unless your are pretty modded, then you really have no shot.

had a chance to get an 04 g35 coupe back in 05 when i graduated high school from a coworker. he was tired of paying $600 a month and wanted an evo so bad that he would have given it to me and i just take over the payments. he owed just over 24k and was only a year old and everytime i saw a g35 i was depressed that i didn't get it. sexy ass coupe, but the si made me forget about that all together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
what about a a/t G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,889 Posts
i agree with the OP..... if u know how to drive..u can keep up with a G35.... this is not the 1st time im hearing this.

and whats up with G35 drivers.... they tend to run Sis.... LIKE SRSLY... find sum1 of ur own size... like a 350z evo s2k or STi..... freakin asses.

I had a G35 run me at lights... i was like nowayy im street racing in a school district with 35MPH limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
the 07's of either one beats its older siblings by a significant margin
so 07 si will get owned pretty good by 07 G or 350

...id be so upset if i bought one before 07

in other words they got faster and we didn't

my friend got his 07 350 for id say around 7k more
so id say 7k is worth the much greater speed diff that the current modes offer
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,589 Posts
nayilsi said:
i agree with the OP..... if u know how to drive..u can keep up with a G35.... this is not the 1st time im hearing this.

and whats up with G35 drivers.... they tend to run Sis.... LIKE SRSLY... find sum1 of ur own size... like a 350z evo s2k and STi..... freakin asses.

I had a G35 run me at lights... i was like nowayy im street racing in a school district with 35MPH limit.
Actually, it was the other way around for me. The Si guy tried to mess with me. I just yawned, nailed the throttle and waved goodbye.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,889 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Actually, it was the other way around for me. The Si guy tried to mess with me. I just yawned, nailed the throttle and waved goodbye.

id expect ricers to buy the Si...but nowadays ricers are invading the 31K+ margin.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,589 Posts
nayilsi said:
id expect ricers to buy the Si...but nowadays ricers are invading the 31K+ margin.
You got that right. I have basically left g35driver.com because the G35's are turning over and are much cheaper to buy now. The Ricers are doing their best to make the G35 look repulsive.

The sad thing is that many of the G35 owners are now going to the 3 series BMW, especially the 335i. I am a little worried that Infiniti is going the way of Lexus rather than BMW. I like a little more sport than luxury with my cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
my best friend has an 05 g35 6 speed coupe everything stock except for lowering springs and all i have is an intake, eibach springs, and short shifter and from a dead stop i am right there even with him until the top end of 3rd then he just takes off and leaves me ... but i was very surprised from that ... but from a roll his tq. comes in to play and he absolutely kills me ... i still like my si better :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,589 Posts
KMS07si said:
my best friend has an 05 g35 6 speed coupe everything stock except for lowering springs and all i have is an intake, eibach springs, and short shifter and from a dead stop i am right there even with him until the top end of 3rd then he just takes off and leaves me ... but i was very surprised from that ... but from a roll his tq. comes in to play and he absolutely kills me ... i still like my si better :)
Agreed. I am surprised how well the Si launches, much better than my G35. As you said though, once you get into 3rd gear, it is all over. It is hard to beat torque and horsepower. Really, if you think about it, the Si is a tremendous performance bargain. There just aren't many cars out there in the Si's price range that can run with it. I absolutely love mine and am already planning major mods so that I can keep up with the big boys.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,589 Posts
Capt Canuck said:
Check craigslist and eBay, used G35's are being offloaded for the price of a new Si :lildevil:
Yup. Makes me want to cry. :eek:mg:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,821 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Yup. Makes me want to cry. :eek:mg:
Think how it is for us Canadians where the Civic Si MRSPs around $27k! Add destination and taxes and thats... well, erm, the price of an 07 Base, 05 Anniversary or an '06 Enthusiast or better 350z :chill:
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top