8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 1992 Si hatchback and ever since I traded that car I've missed it. I've been researching everthing possible on interent about the 2006 Si. I went to the local dealership last weekend and the kid I talked to didn't know anything. I went in today to see if they had a 2006 coupe in Black just to see how the color looked and to see what the dash without Nav looks like. I talked to someone that could actually keep up with me. Within the next month I am putting a 500.00 deposit on my car. I wanted to wait until the spring so I could avoid driving it in the snow (Maine). I want to make sure I get the car I want when I want so I'm going to buy it as soon as I can and cover it until spring. The are selling them at MSRP at the dealership. I just need to decide Black or Ralley Red?

Sara

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Welcome miss Sara :D. Um...what color was your hatch? I think you should go with the Black personally, because the dealer's brochure pic of the black Si pull-out was uber-sexy. I had a Red 97 HX though and miss that car (gave it to my little bro). I'm in the same boat with the snow. What part of Maine are you? I'm a MD to VT transplant (school). Wonder how many NE there are here...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My hatch was red. Yes, I have that black picture as my wallpaper. The black shines up really nice. I haven't had a black car yet. I'm also leaning towards putting black/machined wheels on it. I would hate to bring home my beautiful car and drive it in the bad weather. I'm jealous of the people that don't have to worry about that. I live in Southern Maine. I haven't seen many from NE yet.

Sara

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Black, when properly maintained is, IMO, the best looking color for a sports/sporty car. The downside is it will show every defect, swirl, etc., if you don't maintain it properly. The black pic in the fold out for the Si looks great and I wavered on it a bit, but decided to go with lower maintenance on this one and chose silver.

Lets see some pics once you get yours. I think it will look great, particularly with black, gunmetal, or bronze rims (Gram Lights 57S maybe?)

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
^^^^ I agree, black is the only color, IMO, that shows real depth. I was looking at the 57S's, I think. I forgot which ones I had decided on :p

Sara,

I have a black Legend. It looks best, IMO, in that color, but being that it's 11 years old, it definitely doesn't look like the brochure pull-out, lol :). I needed to revive the paint a little with some good ol' fashioned clay/wash/wax/buffing. Um...I did say I needed to...before I got too lazy to do it.:D lol. Seriously though, interior took preference...

You had the best gen. hatch. The red 92-95 were great looking and lightweight. Now we've got a piece of pork. lol. Make sure to check out TOV's Si when you get a chance, if you haven't already done so. They've turned it into the concept car almost completely, but with better performance:

Thursday's updates (performance): http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=434719
Friday's updates (suspension): http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=435855
Saturday's updates (cosmetic): http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=436243

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like the Konig Unknowns but, It seem like too many people like them. I don't know maybe.

I never had a black car. Many red, white and silver. My feeling with the white and silver is they look awesome but, you can bust your but waxing and it doesn't look a whole lot different. The black or red seems to become a different beast when waxed. The dealership has a black S2000. It made me a bit nervous because you could see circles in the paint. On a brand new car. Not good.

I'll be post millions of pictures when I get my new baby. I'll have to dig some out of my old hatch. I never modified that car. I've poored money into my 1994 Z28. That thing has only 60,000 mile on it and I've had some much trouble with it becasue it sits too much. The transmission is slipping now. Great.

My plans for new civic is to replace the wheels and tires before spring. I would like a new spoiler. We will have to see what comes out. I like the style of the WRX STI's spoiler. Then I'm going straight to the engine. I wnat to beef up the 197 hp. What's under the hood will be my little secret.

I have checked out TVO's Si. Ever since I saw the concept car I keep thinking carbon fiber hood. That looks really nice.

I just can't wait to drive the car. It's driving me nuts. I keep driving my friends and family nuts talking about it. That's why I had to come here. They don't get it.

They say once you own a Honda you never want anything else. It's so true.

Sara

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Howesit said:
My plans for new civic is to replace the wheels and tires before spring. I would like a new spoiler. We will have to see what comes out. I like the style of the WRX STI's spoiler. Then I'm going straight to the engine. I wnat to beef up the 197 hp. What's under the hood will be my little secret.

I have checked out TVO's Si. Ever since I saw the concept car I keep thinking carbon fiber hood. That looks really nice.

I just can't wait to drive the car. It's driving me nuts. I keep driving my friends and family nuts talking about it. That's why I had to come here. They don't get it.

Sara
Hush hush with the engine, huh? That's ok...I'll have to see you at the track lol.

I'm trying to submit some stuff to Accolade Designs for their consideration for bodykits. I emailed the Chief Designer yesterday and he told me to go for it. So I'll see what I can do with that spoiler you want ;)

As far as plans, springs/struts and wheels...probably a Grams/Volks 5 Spoke with a 1" lip. Carbon hood and trunk lid. And hopefully they'll like my body kits and lips and I'll have one of the two on in time for spring. Good luck with that build. I gotta see this :)

I love car-geek girls.....lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll share my engine work here. I'm sure I'll want advise anyway.

That's really cool that they wolud like to look at your stuff. That would be really great to see it come to life. Good Luck.

If all goes well. I'm going to put a deposit tonight. I wonder when I'll get to see it. I'm thinking anywhere from 4-12 weeks. I will see.

Sara

1 - 8 of 8 Posts