8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All, the final moment have come for my ICE setup on my 8th Gen Civic 2.0L!

Items I'm holding:
PDX 1.1000
PDX 4.150
IDmax 12"
RF 3sixty 2.0
Dyna Audio MD100 tweeter MW 160 Mid
1F Stinger Cap

Items that i have been looking around with no answer... (Yes I know I'm dumb but did try to surf around with no concrete answer)

What power cable to use...
from batt to distribution block?
From Block to 1.1000, 4.150 and 3sixty

What fuse to use?
batt to block.
In the block.

How should I connect my Cap?

Urgently looking for your help.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I suggest having a main run of 1/0awg into a (1/0awg) input to two (4awg) outputs that will run to each amp.

As far as the 3Sixty goes, you should be able to just tap into the 12+ wire and ground for power.

For the cap, you will run your main power wire to the cap right BEFORE the amp. That wire will and MUST BE FUSED. Then you will have a short run from the cap to the distro block then onto the amps.

I suggest you get a FUSED distribution block. Doesn't hurt anything.

From battery to cap, I'd fuse with ATLEAST 120A anl. For the 1.1000, 80-100A will work, and for the 4.150, 60-80A will work.

Nice equipment BTW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest having a main run of 1/0awg into a (1/0awg) input to two (4awg) outputs that will run to each amp.

As far as the 3Sixty goes, you should be able to just tap into the 12+ wire and ground for power.

For the cap, you will run your main power wire to the cap right BEFORE the amp. That wire will and MUST BE FUSED. Then you will have a short run from the cap to the distro block then onto the amps.

I suggest you get a FUSED distribution block. Doesn't hurt anything.

From battery to cap, I'd fuse with ATLEAST 120A anl. For the 1.1000, 80A will work, and for the 4.150, 60A will work.

Nice equipment BTW.
WoW! Great info and straight to the point... I question that I don't understand is about the tapping from 12V. Because my distribution is 1 is to 3 output. Shouldn't I run one of them to the RF 3Sixty?

Lastly would you care to teach me how to fish so that I would be able to keep this great knowledge with me by telling me how you get the numbers for the cable and fuse? Amp specs? i did found something like 20AX4...thingy...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well the 3Sixty doesn't need a good size power wire. Technically, yes, you can run a power wire from the distro to the 3Sixty but you only need like 18awg wire. The connector on the 3Sixty for ground and power accept upto 18awg anyways. It's a tiny wire. That thing won't pull but like a few A at most. so you only need tow ouputs (you can put the power wire for the 3Sixty into an output with power wire going to an amp since it's a small wire and won't get in the way)

The 20x4A is from the 4.150? If so, then it has (4) 20A fuses to protect itself.

I got the fuse ratings for the INLINE fuses based off how much current draw each amp can pull. It's just a rule of thumb to take the RMS and divide by 14.4V to get the current draw based on 100% efficiency, (which is impossible lol) but it just gives you a good number to work with. I've always gone by it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
ur power wire can never be to big NEVER go big
Contradiction:

In logic, a contradiction consists of a logical incompatibility between two or more propositions. It occurs when the propositions, taken together, yield two conclusions which form the logical inversions of each other.

It should say,

Your power wire can never be too big. Go big or go home. More surface area FTW.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the 3Sixty doesn't need a good size power wire. Technically, yes, you can run a power wire from the distro to the 3Sixty but you only need like 18awg wire. The connector on the 3Sixty for ground and power accept upto 18awg anyways. It's a tiny wire. That thing won't pull but like a few A at most. so you only need tow ouputs (you can put the power wire for the 3Sixty into an output with power wire going to an amp since it's a small wire and won't get in the way)

The 20x4A is from the 4.150? If so, then it has (4) 20A fuses to protect itself.

I got the fuse ratings for the INLINE fuses based off how much current draw each amp can pull. It's just a rule of thumb to take the RMS and divide by 14.4V to get the current draw based on 100% efficiency, (which is impossible lol) but it just gives you a good number to work with. I've always gone by it.
Well thanks for the simple yet informative piece of info! This will be with me throughout my ICE journey I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts