8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a few concerns about my car. I have a Fujita SRI on my 06FG2, and when I accelerate I feel like I hear interesting air-sucking noise. When I first put the intake in, I didn't really hear anything unusual. I know the SRI gives acceleration a bit more raspy noise, and it was pretty cool. Nowadays, I feel like there could be a potential leak or something even.

I put on my stock air box to see if this fixes the problem, but it feels worse with the stock intake in. It makes that same really weird air-sucking noise. Gosh I wish I can really describe it.

Do others have this similar sound? Am I just being too nit-picky? I made sure everything was bolted down tight. Made sure (to the best of my knowledge) that nothing is leaking, yet it really sounds like there is.

Thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I would say it is probably normal,you are just hearing the air that is sucking into the new intake. You can hear it better now because of the new intake is less restrictive and it is sucking more air. Try sitting in your car at idle and reving the motor up a few time you should be able to here the air noise you are talking about while you rev it up. Also make sure you have everything hooked up right. Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's normal for an SRI to have a sucking of whooshing sound when you step on it. My Injen SRI does the same. But when you take it out and put the stock box back in, as long as you hooked all the stock box back correctly, it shouldn't make that sound anymore.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
idk how about right behind the pedals, but my car makes a wierd noise from the mirror.
it sounds like its whistling when i drive fast enough.
the air gets trapped in between the mirror and that little window and it whistles kinda.

ive actually never seen a thread on that, so i might be the only one with that problem, but might that be it?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
idk how about right behind the pedals, but my car makes a wierd noise from the mirror.
it sounds like its whistling when i drive fast enough.
the air gets trapped in between the mirror and that little window and it whistles kinda.

ive actually never seen a thread on that, so i might be the only one with that problem, but might that be it?
interesting... but I'm not quite sure about this one. Sorry :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you don't mind me asking here, what exactly is this butterfly valve? :p
Throttle

It's the throttle valve, called the butterfly valve. It controls how much air gets into your engine. When it is half open, the manifold vacuum makes the air rush past the sharp fins, which are at an angle, and creates the sound. This is further magnified by the short ram's metallic tube, which resonates. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Agree Butterfly valve, i have the Fujita SRI, sounds the same, usually around 2500 rpm before the throttle opens up, if you let off the gas pedal slowly you will hear the valve closing, or the opposite slowly increase the gas and you can hear the valve opening to the full ::woooosh::... IMO next to the turbo or SC whine awesome sound

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.