8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was showin my si off last nite to a buddy so i was vtaking wildly thru the gears. me: :vtec: passenger: :SHOCKED:
anyways, everytime i hit vtec, id notice a loud buzzing/clicking noise coming from the front left tweeter area, almost like there was a bee in there. anyone else experience this or know what it is or might be? also, whenever i go over speed bumps, or sudden inclines of some sort, id get a popping noise coming from the front left suspension area. im not flying over them. i make sure that i dont go faster than 5-7mph goin over them. yea thats super slow. but it just seems to pop when i hit a sudden incline.

·
Registered
834 Posts
well i was showin my si off last nite to a buddy so i was vtaking wildly thru the gears. me: :vtec: passenger: :SHOCKED:
anyways, everytime i hit vtec, id notice a loud buzzing/clicking noise coming from the front left tweeter area, almost like there was a bee in there. anyone else experience this or know what it is or might be? also, whenever i go over speed bumps, or sudden inclines of some sort, id get a popping noise coming from the front left suspension area. im not flying over them. i make sure that i dont go faster than 5-7mph goin over them. yea thats super slow. but it just seems to pop when i hit a sudden incline.
How long have you had your si for? What year?

Anyway, get used to that and many more noises to come. I didn't believe it myself. I have a 08 SI coupe. I have around 2800 miles on it. It has giving me a couple problems.

1. Yes i have that popping sound at the left front wheel. People say is the strut others say is something else. Anyway i took it to Honda but of course technicians didn't find anything or couldn't duplicate the noise.

2. I don't know about the bee buzzin sound but i sure hear noises all over my car. I also hear sort of like uhmmm well its hard to describe, but something like if the back right window (the itty bitty one) was lose or something back there was lose. Also, i had a noise coming from the what i thought was the pulley right next to the motor. Now that was a buzzing sound. Honda took care of it.

3. I didn't believe it yall. But today it happened! My sunroof is sounds like its falling off. ANd its damn annoying. Too freaking loud. Serious i didn't believe it until today. I'm taking to honda and have them check it out.

4. i'm just kicking back waiting for the 3rd gear poppoing out/grinding to beginning. Isn't this exciting yall!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive had the car since september. its an 07 si coupe and i just hit 2000 miles.
1. has anyone ever gotten that popping noise fixed?
2. it seems the buzzing noise has went away. i drove in vtec today but i cudnt hear the sound again. thank god. i know itll be bak tho. ill have to examine it more.
3. holy **** i was just about to add the sunroof to the list. can u elaborate on that a little more? with me, its everytime i go over an incline that causes the chassis to flex, the stress makes the sunroof make noises. its like a rubber on rubber rubbing noise. and if u slightly push the sunroof when its closed, u can easily duplicate the sound.
4. my 3rd gear has been kind to me so far. its only popped out about 5 times so far. the second gear is wats pissing me off. it grinds wen u shift from 1st to 2nd and is a little rough going in.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Wow, im glad the only problems ive had were because of my aftermarket modding.

I can explain the bee noise though. What that is is simple,....its a car gnome,....yes its true. Sometimes they pop up and cause check engine lights but in your case a buzzing sound!

·
Registered
834 Posts
ive had the car since september. its an 07 si coupe and i just hit 2000 miles.
1. has anyone ever gotten that popping noise fixed?
2. it seems the buzzing noise has went away. i drove in vtec today but i cudnt hear the sound again. thank god. i know itll be bak tho. ill have to examine it more.
3. holy **** i was just about to add the sunroof to the list. can u elaborate on that a little more? with me, its everytime i go over an incline that causes the chassis to flex, the stress makes the sunroof make noises. its like a rubber on rubber rubbing noise. and if u slightly push the sunroof when its closed, u can easily duplicate the sound.
4. my 3rd gear has been kind to me so far. its only popped out about 5 times so far. the second gear is wats pissing me off. it grinds wen u shift from 1st to 2nd and is a little rough going in.
Haha damn i swear doesn't it seem like we are driving the same exact car? Well anyway a couple have gotten that popping noise fix either by buying replacement parts and installing themselves, or having honda replace the whole strut and other parts. Look around for it.

Well, i mean i noticed my sunroof would make a noise here and there when i would drive hard and go over bumps and suff. But today just today, it is constant. Even under regular driving. And yes it sounds Rubbery. So i'm having that checked friday. Also i'm not leaving til honda fills up my gas tank for having me drive there more than once already!!!

And well i've been lucky. So far no 3rd gear problems. But second!! God, sometimes it seems like it impossible to get there and always seems very rough to get into or be smooth with it. And yes i've grind 2nd more than once while slamming it. I thought it was just my driving skills but from what i read around its happen to a lot of people. Sometimes is not the easiest gear to slam it in!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Definantely get GM friction modified tranny fluid and a short shifter and it will go in every time!
Yeah i've been waiting for my first oil change which is coming very soon. I'll update that tranny fluid. Some say if it ain't broke why fix it right? Well if i know is gonna break, than than why wait around for it.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Yeah i've been waiting for my first oil change which is coming very soon. I'll update that tranny fluid. Some say if it ain't broke why fix it right? Well if i know is gonna break, than than why wait around for it.
haha exactly. Theres a few choices on tranny fliud too. The GM Synchromesh FM, Amsoil, royal purple, redline. Theyve all got tranny fluids available. There was one from racing labs that wasnt too pricy either. Its only $15 for two quarts of the GM stuff so thats what I use.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ damn these si's!!! y r we having this many problems with a honda!
i guess im gonna have to go for an early oil change. myt as well get that done while they fix my sunroof. im only worried that it myt leak since ive seen a few members on here that have had water leaks.
also does anyone know how to fix/lessen the 2nd gear problem?
this really makes me have doubts about modding my car. theres so many problems with these that if something goes wrong, theyre more than likely to blame it on my mods. i no they have to prove it was a direct cause, but the fact that we have more problems scares me.

·
Registered
834 Posts
^^^ damn these si's!!! y r we having this many problems with a honda!
i guess im gonna have to go for an early oil change. myt as well get that done while they fix my sunroof. im only worried that it myt leak since ive seen a few members on here that have had water leaks.
also does anyone know how to fix/lessen the 2nd gear problem?
this really makes me have doubts about modding my car. theres so many problems with these that if something goes wrong, theyre more than likely to blame it on my mods. i no they have to prove it was a direct cause, but the fact that we have more problems scares me.
Yeah what scares me the most is that people who have had problems usually stay with it or find a way to band aid it one way or another. Some people say "well every car has deffects and not car is perfect". Well i made an investment. And i made it to a company which i thought would be reliable.

Sunroof, squeeks, gear proglems, struts ect . . . and all this is just in my car. Not as reliable as i thought. So hell yeah is going to piss some people off.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How long have you had your si for? What year?

Anyway, get used to that and many more noises to come. I didn't believe it myself. I have a 08 SI coupe. I have around 2800 miles on it. It has giving me a couple problems.

1. Yes i have that popping sound at the left front wheel. People say is the strut others say is something else. Anyway i took it to Honda but of course technicians didn't find anything or couldn't duplicate the noise.

4. i'm just kicking back waiting for the 3rd gear poppoing out/grinding to beginning. Isn't this exciting yall!!

I have that exact same symptom on the front left and I too am waiting to see if the 3rd gear issue pops up and my car only has 100 miles on the clock...just bought it last wednesday and it's a 08 btw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts