8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
While the top mount is adjustable, it doesn't have as much travel as it might to the negative side. With the top mount adjustment maxed out to the negative, at stock height you end up right at no camber, and with a 1" drop the camber comes out 3/4-1 degree negative. As you drop more the maximum negative camber you can achieve increases, but if you want 2-3 degrees negative you may have to run the car lower than you'd like to get it.

So for some settings you can still end up wanting a set of camber bolts--especially if you are trying to maximize autocross-style performance via negative camber. At no point is producing enough positive correction a problem, should that be your need. There is also more slop in the bolt holes than the stock struts exhibit, so you can affect a slight bit of adjustment there without the adjustable bolts.

Also note that its basically impossible to adjust the top mount with the strut installed. I recommend setting the mount fully negative and using one pair of camber bolts to allow quick and easy adjustment unless your ride height and camber preference happens to fit the relationship described above.
FYI I'm installing these coil on my car right now and my front camber bolts don't even fit into the hole? In other words I can't add negative camber, there is not enough space for me to rotate the adjuster on the bolts to my liking

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
FYI I'm installing these coil on my car right now and my front camber bolts don't even fit into the hole? In other words I can't add negative camber, there is not enough space for me to rotate the adjuster on the bolts to my liking
If it is an INGALLS or similar bolt, you may have to widen the hole.
They did not compensate, on there platform, for using an aftermarket camber bolt.

You can email them directly for a direct response, but that is my opinion.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack but I'm having some trouble with my rear coils. Is the locking collar supposed to be behind the spring like this? Sorry, this is my first set of coils and I'm still learning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

121 - 134 of 134 Posts