8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had some fun with their Civic in the snow yet? i did earlier with an E-brake slide and wow was it fun! i did it carefully and to make sure no one was around. My buddy did that in his jetta. Snow is pretty fun haha. Do be safe when doing this though,obviously not on public streets but try empty parking lots. Do it on closed courses! i just hope i didn't hurt anything doing it only one time.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
i did it a few weeks ago, was trying to drift first attempt but my brother does it alot, so had an idea on how to do it just not the feel for it yet. i figured i would try it on the snow so i dont waste my tires...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Couple weeks ago, In Bc, Richmond was snowing liek mad, my frd was driving a GTR-R and i was driving my Lx Sedan 07 in some high school big parking lot! Pulling the E-brake and counter-steering in the same time.. its kinda hard cause since its a FF car.. cant reali do a slide but the most i can do is a 45 -60 degree tail slide w e-brake n gas pedal on as it reaches the angle. Its pretty fun once yu noe how to control in the snow~ even thou its a FF car.. i can still enjoy the SO call DRIFTING hahahaha!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I might take my car to big bear in a few weeks and will probably have some fun in the snow. I have never taken my car on a road trip before. Are there any precautions I should know about the snow?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I do it regularly and have been since my '93 Si back in '98 LOL.

I'm pretty damn good at it, I can make my car look like a RWD. So much fun, I look forward to winter every year. :)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I love big parking lots in the winter time. You can put a FW drive past maximum angle to cause the front tires will pull it back.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
yeah i have a huge cold-a-sac?? that barely gets plowed so i always have fun in it! Then my friend came over in his GTO, and made me stop bc his car is 10000x more fun

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
I spent 10 minutes last night in a big empty parking lot with 3-4" of fresh snow. I was driving with the e-brake on about 75% of the time.. full horizontal slides, J turns... great fun.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hell yeah its fun. But im worried that it will damage the E-Brake. Will it damage the E-Brake? in snow? i know it probably will on the road but drifters and rally cars do it all the time so i guess it doesn't hurt or damage it?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i did a little run around at the parking lot in work unplowed snow, cornering around the lampposts with vsa its ridiculously easy (slow and in control) then i decided to see what it was without, its pretty hard... spun out. snow is fun!

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
these civics' e-brakes are so wimpy - if you've managed to lock up the back end without strain, such as in deep snow/on ice, you won't hurt it if you do it just a few times.. try it on a dry road though and that's putting much more strain on it and could cause more damage

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
i dont take that risk. my si hibernates throughout the winter, but my big ass ford taurus does donuts and slides like no other!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Didn't have the chance to go to a big parking lot when there was that "big" snow storm that hit the northeast (at least, it wasn't big in southern Westchester). It was still a decent amount, I slid coming out of my parking spot, nearly hit a parked minivan :iough:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts