8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously had a skunk2 60mm and oh god it was loud. every time i would drive with my girl i could barely hear her talking to me even when im light on the gas. for the 2 years i had it i liked it but grew old of it very recently. i didnt want to be looked at like johnny ricer anymore, not that anyone did look at me like that. accelerating fast and rev matching it sounded great especially with my kn sri. warming up the car from a cold start in the mornings would wake all the neighbors. im sure they hated me for that. haha but i didnt care. shaking my 2 story house while im getting dressed for work, well i grew tired of that.

so i decided to go with the Full Race 3". i seen some vids on youtube and it sounded much quieter than the s2 but decently loud. on the flyby's posted it sounded amazing. so after the install with a strup raceheader (please dont flame cuz of the strup) it sounded so much like stock i couldnt beleive it. the tip even isnt as large as the s2 which results in a stock looking exhaust. when i seen it on the car from the underbody it looked gigantic. I figured well when i drive it im sure its going to be louder. its def deeper and not louder than any exhaust i ever heard and i heard just about all of them on the net and in person.

driving normal it sounds completely stock literally. when i got on it it was to my surprise that it really wasnt much louder. i basically couldnt hear it. all i could hear is the motor. sounded just a tad louder than stock, but not loud enough for anyone to recognize. i dont even hear my kn sri because of my tune that i recently did over. to me thats great because i want to sound/look like stock but be a sleeper. if thats what anyone wants then this is the exhaust for you. its quiet because the resonator and muffler have so much packing in them.

on the highway im not going to lie, it does have a real deep rumble kinda like a v8 truck. nothing too bad. on a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the deepest and loudest i give it a 4 maybe even a 5. now i dont have to worry about the cops looking my way anymore when im just driving normal like i had to worry about before with the s2. when i get on it its probably 3-4 notches louder than stock but really not that noticable. most people would think i have a stock exhaust by the way it sounds driving.

powerwise i dont know what it gave me because i installed the 3" at the same time as my strup header. (again please dont flame as this is just a review).

dont get me wrong about the s2. i loved every minute of its sound. i just dont want to sound like im going 100mph when im really going 40mph. the s2 has a 90 degree bend in it which results in a restriction of airflow. the 3" however has no 90 degree bend but a mere i'd say 15-20 degree bend which increases airflow. quality wise its much better than the s2 hands down. i just grew tired of the s2 loudness. i'm at the point in my life i want to sound/look stock and blow peoples doors off.

for anyone that wants to be a sleeper and still have better airflow and close to stock sounding exhaust then this exhaust is a must have. its pretty pricey, i give it that, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
will has had 3 s2 exhausts cause no matter how hard he trys he just misses his s2 and gets another. i really wish you coulda done a back to back dyno to see how this exhaust compared. I admit some days the s2 is just like a girl friend that wants to complain about life. some days you get in the car and start it and your just like ugg not today.

I'm just not sure all the packing you talked about limits the power gains

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
If you thought the S2 60mm was loud imagine what I had to deal with. C/T E S/C, Hy Tech RH( S/C app) mated to a S2 70mm. I thought the S2 70mm was loud before the blower but was I wrong.

Here is a vid of what my car sounds like revving to about 7k in 3rd. The second car is a BCRH mated to a Mugen catback.

Now I'm running the FR 3" :whitedomokundance:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Yep, I had a skunk2 60mm mated to a Vibrant header for a while (both NA and supercharged). Revving under bridges was fun, lol.

But I've since upgraded to a S2RH and FullRace. Incredible improvement in power and sound.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I previously had a skunk2 60mm and oh god it was loud. every time i would drive with my girl i could barely hear her talking to me even when im light on the gas. for the 2 years i had it i liked it but grew old of it very recently. i didnt want to be looked at like johnny ricer anymore, not that anyone did look at me like that. accelerating fast and rev matching it sounded great especially with my kn sri. warming up the car from a cold start in the mornings would wake all the neighbors. im sure they hated me for that. haha but i didnt care. shaking my 2 story house while im getting dressed for work, well i grew tired of that.
QUOTE]

isnt that a good thing? lol :rotfl: jk

i plan on getting full race as well, since u have aftermarket headers u didnt have to buy the piece that connects with the stock cat. rite?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
It depends on the distance of the bolt-holes on the three bolt flange on the header. I went ahead & had Hy Tech make me a custom 3" megaphone tesat-pipe so I wouldn't have to us the 2.5" adapter from Full Race.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i decided to go with the Full Race 3"...
driving normal it sounds completely stock literally... now i dont have to worry about the cops looking my way anymore when im just driving normal like i had to worry about before with the s2... quality wise its much better than the s2 hands down. i just grew tired of the s2 loudness. i'm at the point in my life i want to sound/look stock and blow peoples doors off.

for anyone that wants to be a sleeper and still have better airflow and close to stock sounding exhaust then this exhaust is a must have worth every penny.
thanks for another great review. it is great to see and read that all of our customers are so pleased.

I've since upgraded to a S2RH and FullRace. Incredible improvement in power and sound.
:wigglesmiley:

If you thought the S2 60mm was loud imagine what I had to deal with. C/T E S/C, Hy Tech RH( S/C app) mated to a S2 70mm. I thought the S2 70mm was loud before the blower but was I wrong...Now I'm running the FR 3" :whitedomokundance:
omg i can only imagine how loud that car must have been, those s2 exhasts are definitely very loud, and with a supercharger and hytech header im sure your ears were about ready to bleed :eek:mg: lol. glad you made the switch :clapping:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I hope the FR is not to quiet, but a good mix!

It's funny that a car with an exhaust and header is considerd a "sleeper" to some:dance:

·
Registered
894 Posts
:yeahthat:

installed mine today in less than an hour and i even got it a day earlier than expected, now my car sounds like an Si!!! THanks again everyone from this forum and at Full Race!!! Couldn't be any happier, before this i had my apexi WS2 mated to my S2RH and now to this and let me tell you its still sounds like an Apexi WS2 but at wide open throttle it sound pure FULL RACE!!! Thanks again, i will post up pictures and a video clip on Thurs. Thanks again everyone!!!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
So is the full race really quieter than a skunk 70mm on an n/a? Idont know if I believe that based on the vids. Someone got a better vid, like a close walk around/ inside vid at idle and normal driving? I got the skunk 70mm right now n/a and it does get annoying.

I'm getting ready to go turbo and I know it will cut the drone some but then again I'm getting a 3 inch dp and test pipe. I hope its not too loud. But I'm basically wondering which will yeild good gains while being bareable. The 70mm is nice but does get annoying. Or maybe its the wife's complaining.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The S2 exhaust is loud all the time. The Full-Race exhaust is only loud under moderate throttle. Even then, it's still toned down a little. Vids won't do it justice, you really need to hear it in person.

There's a reason why not one single person has complained about the Full-Race exhaust.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Full race has amazing quality and i love the fact that they include the 2.5" and 3" adapter sections at the front of the exhaust.

And for the record, i would never describe this exhaust as an "animal" at WOT. I can't even hear my friend go WOT in front of me, so take that as an indicator of how quiet it is.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Anyone in the ny area got this and is close in newburgh. I wanna hear it. Really wish that I would have remembered amongst the excitement and running of 8thcivicfest to find someone with this. Is full race still on back order?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just get the full race when your boosted and add a cut out for open down pipe when you want to get crazy. I know it's loud but gawd I always rode around open DP. The whistle of a GT28 is amazing lol.

They had like 11 exhaust a few days ago for the coupe.....so the way these threads are going they prolly have like 3 left ha.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.