8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently purchased a used 08 si from a family friend. It was mainly used as a work car but he made a couple of interior upgrades and the price was right, the combined with the 110,xxx miles on it i figured at 3k it was a steal. He recently changed the oil but im worried he never used high octain gas. We live in denver colorado and its been a little colder outside as of late but I plan on doing a full engine service (change spark plugs, valve adjustment) I want to change the fuel injectors too. anything else im missing? if you just purchased a used 8th gen civic over 100k miles what would you do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply! any idea about how much those run? i feel like the fuel injectors are gonna set me back a little bit

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd wait on replacing the injectors until your absolutely sure. I've seen engines with way more miles running just fine with the originals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2009 Honda Civic coupe, for the last month or so when I leave it to idle for a few minutes it starts ticking very rapidly like it’s coming from the back of the motor.. I wasn’t sure exactly what it was so I cleaned my EGR vale but still the ticking keeps coming back.. Any insight would be appreciated

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd say transmission fluid! I know it's not strictly an engine service item but I was amazed how much it helped right after I bought mine. Also the coolant is due, unless your family friend did it already. Super easy to do, I think I did it in under 30 minutes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Me personally. I would do a oil change with Mobil 1 synthetic and a Honda filter. Drain and fill trans fluid with Honda fluid. Change coolant its time. Spark plugs. If worn get new tires, always a big plus. Check your spare tire and make sure you have everything on board to change a flat in the middle of no where. Change air filter, Change cabin air filter, check brakes and rotors. New wiper blades. Full detail. I would focus on doing the serpentine belt and timing at the same time. Your probably still good for another 50k before you need to tackle that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts