8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How do you get the motivation to do this at 1:30 am to 2:30 am at night?!?!?!
I use the car for my business and my backup car at the time was a '99 Honda Odyssey which only got 22 mpg compared to the Civic's 42 mpg (at the time), so the quicker I got the Civic up and running the less money I would lose to gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi, i would like to do torque mount injection..
i got a few questions:
1. how many torque mount in Civic R18A?
2. where it located?

sorry for my english.
thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im so glad that this thread is alive again. It's one of my favourite ones. I plan to do this at the end of the year. Only worry I have is the engine falling when I unbolt something im not supposed to lol.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is it possible to remove the transmission without removing the entire engine?
Possible, yes. Do I know exactly how, not really.
My Civic has had 2 manual transmission rebuilds (thanks to the first dealer screwing it up and cracking the tranny case).

Dealer #1 apparently disconnected everything and removed it all. Then returned it to me with bolts missing from the airbox, barely any coolant, too much PS fluid and a host of disconnected engine sensors.

Dealer #2 just removed transmission. They let me back in the garage to look at the damage to the transmission and the engine was still in and connected. It appeared that they had some sort of special strut tower bar that they chained the engine up to to hold it while the transmission was removed.

Good luck!
:driving:
-joc1394

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey im about to use this DIY but the pictures dont show up !!! im not retarded or anything but the pictures really help out

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey im about to use this DIY but the pictures dont show up !!! im not retarded or anything but the pictures really help out
If you need help you can PM me or post in the thread, I just did an engine/transmission/clutch/motor mount/starter change on my 2007 EX. I should have documented it so I could post pictures but I was in a rush to get it done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The pics dont come up at all. The only way I know of to see them is to be on the desktop site, right click on the broken pic link, and click "inspect". The html code will come up on the right hand side. In that code are links to photobucket pics. Copy the photobucket link and paste it in a new tab. U should then be able to see the whole photobucket album with all the pics!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
sorry, I don't know why the links are broken. Just right click on one of the image placeholders and click "view image in new tab". It'll take you to the album but the pictures aren't in order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Boy it would be great if the pics were in each section. The album is available, but I don't have any idea what I'm looking at lol!

Great write-up, though. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do that.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts