8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys... I just installed the Fujita SRI on my SI. It appears that the vacuum hose (15.6 mm one) that connects the crankcase to the intake tube bends at a weird angle and forms a kink. What problems can I expect from this? I'll post pics in a few minutes.

How it looks

how it should look

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well... i kinda want to use the one that came with the kit. i'll post pics in a sec.
my urgent question is whether this will screw my car up. i have no clue what that hose does.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*update...

I wrapped the thing in a tight aluminum foil braid... it's a temporary fix, but it seems to hold the tube in its correct shape. I'll think about this more tomorrow. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any ideas on what it does? i did some research, and i'm about 70% sure it's the recirculation system for the crankcase gases... in which case a kink would be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
mine did the same thing i tried to cut it a little and it helped a little but i just ended up going to autozone and getting a stiffer one

·
Registered
104 Posts
any ideas on what it does? i did some research, and i'm about 70% sure it's the recirculation system for the crankcase gases... in which case a kink would be a problem.
theres a small kink in mine too. but not as bad. wondering if theres a problem with that too.
but mine seem to run okay.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
You are correct...that hose connects the intake to the crank-case and the suction that forms in the intake tube will "pull" out the excess crank-case gasses.

I had the same problem w/ my Fujita CAI...it had the same kink you have and all I did was cut it a little shorter. It got rid of the kink and looks better too. Although I did drive around for a while with it kinked and no problems showed up, I feel more comfortable with it shortened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts