8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys... finally installed both. I thought I'd post a quick review for those thinking about installing this combo. I'll also be dynoing the setup next week for a before & after comparison.

Stock + WS2
I installed the WS2 before the SRI, so I guess I'll post my impressions about it with the car bone stock. IMHO, the car has a very nice stock sound. With the WS2, you take that sound and make it better in every way possible. People say it's a "quiet" exhaust. I guess what they mean by this is that you retain around stock dB levels (they ARE higher, but not by a ridiculous amount... it's sufficiently high enough that it sets off car alarms), but you get this absolutely gorgeous bass sound. Sort of a meaty, deep growl without ANY metallic rice sound :woowoo: (and I heard also outside the car with a friend blipping the throttle). It's got a slight resonance around 2800-3000rpm, and only when you're on the throttle or let off. I would NOT classify it as the typical "highway drone". Finally it sounds almost stock at WOT, although you definitely feel the pull all the way from 3k to redline. Sort of torquier, a little more oomph. The fitment is generally good, although as I posted on another thread, the forward facing part of the resonator has a hook that has no corresponding hanger. It hasn't caused any problems yet...

Fujita SRI + WS2

Guys and gals, this is a different beast altogether. The SRI compliments the exhaust note so perfectly, I wonder if they were meant for each other (*imagines SRI + WS2 lovechild...). Anyways, what I mean to say by that is that the WS2 provides the bass, and the SRI provides the high notes. What I thought was a growl before is now a roar. It is truly something to behold. However, I don't want to wax poetic all night. On to the butt dyno. Throttle response is about the same, maybe a bit faster... but I'd ascribe any problems with that to the DBW (damn you Honda lol). The pull... :dancingcoolsmiley: the PULL! You know how you expect a certain level of performance from your car after months of driving it, that your butt "knows" your car's torque curve. Well, it really comes as a complete surprise. As the RPM's climb from 1-3k, you start thinkin' "Well, it definitely sounds nicer, but when does it go?" Luckily, you do not have to wait long. After ~3-3.5k RPM's you start getting slightly surprised at how quicker the rev's are climbing. Now, past 4k, the tachometer starts getting blurry (torque on the butt dyno is starting to register now)... and past 5.8k, it's hell bent on reaching that redline:vtec:. I've gotta say, even if most of it is sort of a placebo effect from the sound, it was worth every penny.

I'll dyno later on and see if I'm just dreaming.

:wavey:

-r

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
That is the exact same setup I have. I also have the extra hanger on the resonator. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
126 Posts
go to jdm-in-stock on ebay.com and order thr Fujita Sri from them, i did and it is a great product, probably the best mod per dollar, significantly gives the Si a badass sound and look under the hood

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
hm funny.

i have ws2 + injen sri and my car still feels the same...

placebo effect has taken you :D

not to discount the nice sounds of looks of both mods...

need to connect a header then you'll know what a gain in power is. =]

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm. effect is noticeable at night. for daily driving i'd say it's about the same from 1-4k... and it pulls harder from 4-8k. also, the vtec crossover has more kick to it. i'll dyno and let you guys know.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
sorry for bumping a dead thread, just wanted to let you know that your post just cost me $500. ordered a fujita SRI last night, and since uncle sam was so good to me, i decided to give a little more back to the economy. can't wait for the WS2 to show up -- actually, i went with the NOIR, but from my understanding, they're virtually the same thing.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well. Results are in.

Fujita SRI + WS2 on '09 coupe has yielded +3 Tq, +9 Hp :claps:

Base dyno was 173 Hp, 125 Tq
New dyno was 184 Hp, 128 Tq

Best thing about it was that torque gains were seen from 3.0k until redline. I didn't lose torque anywhere. Only problem with this setup so far is the 'iffy' throttle response sub-3k rpm. Due to the SRI not having maf vanes, it's a bit clunky down low, especially when cold.

I have to say, I'm happy but miffed. For the same price, you can get a chip on any other car and get +50hp lol... Meh, such is life.

*little side note. It was dynoed on the same machine. The dyno apparently reads a bit low, but consistent.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
l should add, just before me, on another dyno, there was a CRX with a garrett G35, 26 lbs boost making 433 WHP. Hot damn. Thing runs 10.9's... Sounds like a mad hornet. It was awesome.

·
Registered
931 Posts
well. Results are in.

Fujita sri + ws2 on '09 coupe has yielded +3 tq, +9 hp :claps:

Base dyno was 173 hp, 125 tq
new dyno was 184 hp, 128 tq
184-173 = 11hp, otherwise not bad numbers at all for an SRI and Exhaust. The cold engine problem plauges all Si's, I actualy felt the Fujita SRI helped with the cold running, it leaned it out a bit, not so rich, less chugging when cold, IMHO.

-Steve

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
only 3 ft/lbs of torque! that's a bit discerning, i agree. was hoping to see a bit more tug for the car, since that's really what it needs! guess headers are next, yes?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
there was a bit of a torque spike in the baseline dyno, should be a bit more, really. anyways, the important part was that torque was constantly improved throughout the rpm band.

header, this summer. vibrant w/ hfc, cause i don't want to deal with cel's and smells.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts