8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
469 Posts
you don't need a laptop to get readouts?

Please, tell me how else you're going to do it.
dude please dont make this ANOTHER ******* debate. For flashing purposes you dont need a laptop. I like normal people have gauges for read outs and data logging for tuning. thanks

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
2) If you own the Fujita and Flashpro, what's the deal with the MAP based tuning? What are the consequences of changing from MAF to MAP?
The only consequence is that it completely avoids the issue all-together. The issue with the Fujita lies in inconsistent data seen by the MAF. Without the MAF being used... no issue.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Not dogging the flashpro. I like the tuning software behind it much more than what Cobb currently has.

until they step up the features, i think instant gratification goes to flashpro.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I don't understand too much about MAP, but if it helps deal with the fujita problem, then cool, I was just looking out for the interests of the OP.

Why the hell do you guys have to be such d*cks to each other? If the guy seems like an idiot, clarify your argument, don't bash and be sarcastic over nothing!

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
BTW, if you read above, i said the flashpro has much better tuning software.

If i were supercharged or turbocharged, i wouldn't had even thought twice about getting flashpro over cobb.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
I guess i misunderstood what exactly they were trying to say. Either way, it would be pretty stupid if either unit needed a laptop to function.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not arguing flashpro vs cobb. at all. i said you dont need a laptop to use the flashpro. thats all i said
Good it's no argument :p Hondata > Cobb, the cobb is great but hondata is a real honda tuner that has way more experience imho.

I guess i misunderstood what exactly they were trying to say. Either way, it would be pretty stupid if either unit needed a laptop to function.
Not really if you've have a standalone before you'd know the amount of gauges you can display on a laptop is endless you can have egts, cam angles, etc displayed in various outputs as well on a gauge, digital reading etc. Which you would never all fit on small lcd, but keeping it simple stupid is always great and avoids silly mistakes.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
^you're probably right, since they got "honda' in their name lol, but we're not the only cars with vtec-like technology or 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
14 Posts
^you're probably right, since they got "honda' in their name lol, but we're not the only cars with vtec-like technology or 4 cylinders.
For sure totally agree but if you've been around hondata, they have made systems for hondas since way back. For the Kseries they have Kpro already that has been dominant enough and is a great standalone. It's not like it's their first honda program like cobb not taking anything away from at all. Cobb is a subura company is all i'm saying and they're starting to dabble in Honda I'd rather have some with more honda experience just imho. They do hold the bonnevile record for fastest rsx worldwide too so they know a thing or two about a K (Hondata) :p. I have a Kpro on my Khatch that made 222/160 on i/h/e tuned so I might be biased. But for a first time honda product cobb AFR seems great! I wouldnt mind having either which ever one is cheaper :p JK

Hope I don't sound like i'm bashing i'm down for competition it will only make it better for all of us.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Good it's no argument :p Hondata > Cobb, the cobb is great but hondata is a real honda tuner that has way more experience imho.

Not really if you've have a standalone before you'd know the amount of gauges you can display on a laptop is endless you can have egts, cam angles, etc displayed in various outputs as well on a gauge, digital reading etc. Which you would never all fit on small lcd, but keeping it simple stupid is always great and avoids silly mistakes.
meh, standalone is different to me. Those can live tune. This thing can't.

These are hand units.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
First of all, thanks to all those who responded.

Just today I talked to a local tuner who happens to have an SI. I asked him what he thought and it turns out he's well versed with K-Pro, and that he had yet to see a Flashpro here in Puerto Rico. So maybe I might be the first :D Though I forgot to mention the whole Fujita intake issue... w/e.

As a side note, I just saw PR's fastest STI on a dyno... pulling something like 1,000 horses.... whew, loud as fu**

21 - 37 of 37 Posts