8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, apologies to NitrousG35, cause I know how annoying all these threads about ECU tuning have become. If someone knows the answer to the following, please pm or post and feel free to lock the thread.

I'm posting cause I've searched around for what the deal is with the Fujita/Cobb and Flashpro compatibility and i've yet to find any clear cut answer. I've read that the Fujita has got some issues with the MAF housing, and that COBB can custom tune your car via email. I've also heard Hondata has developed a MAP based tune for the Fujita, and that it clears up the issues.

My quandary is this: I've got a Fujita SRI and WS2 exhaust, and I've been wanting to hop on the ECU bandwagon for a while. However, I don't want to risk incompatibility, or screw up my a/f ratios and what not (i realize this can be fixed).

Therefore, my questions are:

1) Does anyone around here have the Fujita SRI and Flashpro, or Fujita and Cobb? If so, what has been your experience with the street maps? Have you needed additional tuning?

2) If you own the Fujita and Flashpro, what's the deal with the MAP based tuning? What are the consequences of changing from MAF to MAP?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and again, sorry mods for polluting the forums :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
From what I understand, switching from MAF to MAP based tuning is a good thing. Hondata has said several times that MAP based tuning is easier. So I wouldnt worry about MAP messing anything up.

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
I had the Cobb stage 2 with fujita and mine was running perfectly fine, I monitored it every time I drove the car.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. Now my decision is harder than ever :p

1) runs fine with cobb.

2) Search wtf.. been answered... im sure ur first question has been too

:lock:
I guess I should've rephrased the question... For example, say I'm taking the car to the dealership and want to reflash to a stock (or stock-like) map, which is based on MAF, is there anything I would need to do apart from the reflash?

(there are a bunch of other questions i have regarding the map, and I'll search before I ask again, but I'm working right now and I just couldn't resist the itch, sorry.)

·
Registered
682 Posts
what do you need to go from maf to map?
Easy. Select a MAP calibration and upload it. You don't need to change wiring, or swap MAP sensors or do anything physically. The engine has both a AFM and MAP, and you're just telling it to use the MAP for everything rather than the MAP and AFM.

The disadvantages are that your oil life doesn't count down, and you need to reset the maintenance minder it if you switch back to a AFM calibration.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Easy. Select a MAP calibration and upload it. You don't need to change wiring, or swap MAP sensors or do anything physically. The engine has both a AFM and MAP, and you're just telling it to use the MAP for everything rather than the MAP and AFM.

The disadvantages are that your oil life doesn't count down, and you need to reset the maintenance minder it if you switch back to a AFM calibration.
When you use the MAP calibrations is the AFM supposed to stop ebing read by the ecu at all or just not be read for the purpose of the tune.I ask because I am currently using a MAP calibration yet I am still able to get a flow reading from my informeter.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
if you aren't going F/I I say go Cobb, the handheld is pimp; no need to ever bring your laptop if you don't want to!

·
Banned
469 Posts
you dont need to bring a laptop for flashpro either... it just doesnt have the blingin lcd on it. load your cal... bring it to your car... flash your ecu. gg

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
lol. people will kill until the end of time over this rivalry. I do like that you can mount the handheld onto the dash since it's the size of a cellphone and have it tell you instantaneous readouts of AFR/mileage/knock/fuel trim/0-60/quarter mile/et al.

I think Hondata sounds great and seems to get a lot of support, especially since they got reamed for being so late with their product. I'm just saying, if you're not hardcare into tuning like the OP seems to be, a convenient readout is cool. You can't mount your laptop in your car (without it being unsafe) and take it in with you to the mall when you get out of the car. With the cobb handheld you have to take your eyes off the road as much as you would for the tachometer to see it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
1) Does anyone around here have the Fujita SRI and Flashpro, or Fujita and Cobb? If so, what has been your experience with the street maps? Have you needed additional tuning?
A little additional information. I found that the Fujita gave inconsistent air-fuel ratios using the MAF sensor - and that was on consecutive runs on the same car. The MAP calibration has no such air-fuel ratio problem.

The MAP calibration has better throttle response, more cam angle advance - up to 50 degrees - for mid-range torque (although you will probably need a race header to take advantage of it) and no rev hang.

Customers have reported faster warm-up and smoother operation while warming up.

Laptop not needed. Everything can be done from a desktop.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts