8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im looking at getting the hybrid racing fuel rail. My question is on our stock motor and injectors would this yeild a better throttle response and or a so more mid range/Vtec torque. Or on a stock motor dump excessive fuel when not required. I know it helps a ton on boost and high powerd N/A setups but, I wonder what would be be the pros and cons on a engine with I/H/E and tb spacer. Since I will be boosting this summer all k series need boost lol I was getting ready early. What type of power do you guys see or will the cons out weigh the pos?

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
So im looking at getting the hybrid racing fuel rail. My question is on our stock motor and injectors would this yeild a better throttle response and or a so more mid range/Vtec torque. Or on a stock motor dump excessive fuel when not required. I know it helps a ton on boost and high powerd N/A setups but, I wonder what would be be the pros and cons on a engine with I/H/E and tb spacer. Since I will be boosting this summer all k series need boost lol I was getting ready early. What type of power do you guys see or will the cons out weigh the pos?
Well I don't see it doing anything since the fuel rail has nothing to do with HOW much fuel is injected. I mean, I guess being to small would be bad, but I don't see any benefit of going larger. It's bling.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting i know on my turboed K24 Accord it smoothed out the injector pulse thus making them more efficient and work less hard

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I like the look of the Hybrid Racing fuel rail as you can hide your fuel lines. I'm planning on doing it to my car. However, with N/A, I don't think you'll see any gains.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unless a car needs a large bore fuel rail for very high power, it has no positive effect on the car. Most stock rails even have a bore so large that it could support major power but people change them out for a billet one anway because it's easier to setup high flowing plumbing with. On an average bolt on car there is no benefit and it can actually be a little negative on many cars as you will lose the pulsation dampners by the the time it's plumbed well.

And I am biased in the sense that I own a business that sells several hundred billet rails a year... I am going I make a full return conversion kit for my car just because I have the means to do it sick and cheap... But I know for a fact it will be only for looks until I boost the car

·
Registered
37 Posts
Since it's only for looks, I'm going to see about building a vacuum manifold into my billet rail to clean up the bay a little, haven't looked at it much since I just bought the car for a new dd but I'll get to it in a week or two

1 - 7 of 7 Posts