8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just recently I've brought my civic to the mechanic to do a repair. He found that I had bad fuel and needed to remove the entire fuel tank to clean it. After that incident, my fuel gauge isn't working properly. Whenever I fill up fuel to full, the fuel gauge will only show until half bars. I'm not too sure if it's already full or my fuel tank just wouldn't fill up but it always stays at half whenever after i fill up. When I brought it back to the mechanic, he told me the fuel line injection was working fine and everything with the ohm meter (I don't really know how it works but he told me it's working fine and not sure what's causing it)

What I found is I will usually fill up when the fuel light is on indicating is low. The amount of fuel I filled is about 30-35 litres.

Has anyone came across this issue? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
226 Posts
Likely damaged the sending unit. You can replace the pump/ sending unit as an assembly. No need to remove tank. Only rear seat and access panel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
He damaged your sending unit mate when he needlessly removed your tank. He could just have disconnected the return line to purge the tank of that bad fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He damaged your sending unit mate when he needlessly removed your tank. He could just have disconnected the return line to purge the tank of that bad fuel.
he said the water in the fuel tank might have damaged it. is that possible? I'm not entirely sure how all of these work but yeah he needs to change the sending unit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts