8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot get the fuel door to open on my civic. I have a sub/amp hooked up to the car and the wiring runs along the driver side door, underneath the trunk/duel door release switch. Right now this switch does nothing but open the trunk. I CANNOT open the fuel door (which means i can't put gas in the car). I took it to my local dealership and they are blaming the wiring of the sub/amp causing that issue. But i have talk to other mechanics and they said their is no way because of the way that release mechanism works (it's not electric and is the cabling is properly shielded).

I am trying to get this covered under warranty but the honda dealership is citing that for the reason without really telling me why. You guys have any advice on the situation? A guy at honda looked at it and couldn't even pry it open or even open it through the trunk.

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
My last civic had that problem to. the cable snapped on mine. IF the car is sitll under warranty the dealership will just put a new one on. If he needs to open it to put gas in before the dealership will re open if you go through the trunk and pull back the carpet you can unhook the lock and the fuel door will open but good luck closing it again.
You tried this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts