8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need recommendations on Calibration Tuners out there preferably in the San Diego/ SoCal area. E-Tuners is ok but I would prefer a dyno machine since tearing it up in my neighborhood wouldn't be such a great idea. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not exactly sure what you mean by a fuel calibration tuner. Hondata is all you need to tune for fuel.

If you're looking for a person to tune your vehicle, give "san diego tuning shops" a search into google, and call some locations and see if they tune with Hondata. They will all most likely have a dynamometer. eTuning is something I would reccomend, because a trusted eTuner lives and breathes that kind of stuff, and usually always have more than one revision so you know your car is running the best it can and will be cheaper in the long run. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply and yea I have Hondata and my skill level is that of taking datalogs and loading new calibration maps. I have a good friend of mine helping me across the country adjusting the fuel maps, but thought it would nice to have someone nearby too. I've been referred to one here in SD, but he seems to be very very busy at the moment. E-tuning is great but sometimes having real-time fuel adjustments through the low rpms I can imagine can only be done precisely on a dyno machine if i'm not mistaken. Uploading a new calibration and ripping it through the streets and waiting for another email can be lengthy process and perhaps a convenient one at that (which i'm currently doing at the moment). Anyhow, just looking for options out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts