8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys this is my first build thread. I know i should have done one like 3 builds ago :giggle:

Well here is my civic story:

Started working full time freshman year in high school (2006). I wanted a nice car and my mom said she would split half of it with me and we would share the car.... We got a brand new 2007 4dr lx. :meh: Saw the si in the show room but she said no. Well couple years go buy and i join 8thcivic.com. :eek:hsnap::dancing::facepalm: shouldnt have done that haha. few months later i have a 2006 2dr si for the end of my last year at HS. :woop:

Wish list starts.
Old girl friend GONE!
work... like a dog.

(side note. i got my first real mod, aem sri a week after me and my fiance started dating!!!)

So mods start slow. Intake, painted vc, inside leds. noting much. Well i like my new si so much that i put it up for the winter and got a f150 :blah:
Next spring comes along and im like F that im drivin this bish all year.

Sold the truck that fall and got a CT sc kit, skunk2 header and Fullrace exhaust. OMG i was in love again.
This is where it really stars to go to hell. Stg.2 sc kit was not enough. So i started looking at mods. Saw aftercoolers...hmmmm. Well i can never go by the book so i contacted Jose at mercracing and said hey i want a 3.5" aftercooler. He jumped on it and like a month later i was after cooled. OH and running a 2.8 pulley with a 6.37 crank pulley. Blower rpm 20000 rpm. Mission accomplished.

But wait....

Still not enough.

Saw the word whipple and i was like :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Told jose that i wanted to do a air to air cooling system. I guess he has always wanted to do this and just was waiting for the first person crazy enough. No more playing with these lil cores that sit under the blower. Time for a B.A.F.M.I.C. <--LOL

A few months before 2013 we started working on a design. Now it is siting in my engine bay.

Probably forgot stuff but its 5 am and i did not go to bed lol. :clapping:

A HUGE! Thank you goes out to Jose at Mercracing for doing a crazy good job on the custom manifold and all the other ins and outs he has helped me thru with my build. The guy knows his shizzz.
Another one to my awesome fiance Donna who has been thru every mod on my car with me.
And to my parents for showing interest in what ever i do. And support it.

Here is my mod list.

4" Custom intake.
4" custom inlet.
2.3L Whipple twinscrew SC w/ 4" pulley (for now)
Custom Mercracing Air to Air cooling manifold.
Mercracing 2.3 whipple adapter plate
CXRacing intercooler kit.
HKS BOV
Vitvipers BBG
FIC 1100cc inj's
RSX thermostat housing
Skunk2 alpha header with 3" megaphone
Fullrace exhaust
Sportlines

Now for pics

Old kit. (sold lol)

Truck i sold to buy my first kit.

Now for the new pix.

Thanks for looking!!
Jesse

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That blower and manifold are beautiful! Not entirely sure how that manifold works but I'm sure ill learn :p

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I knew you were up to something big, but holy crap! Great stuff, can't wait to see the numbers.

Motor = :flame:

Tranny = :surrender:

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew you were up to something big, but holy crap! Great stuff, can't wait to see the numbers.

Motor = :flame:

Tranny = :surrender:
Im only gonna set it at 430 hp for now. Should be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy hell. That's a big SC. What is your target whp? And did you relocate your battery in the trunk?
holy crap. definitely subbing to this. can't wait to see numbers from this setup
The blower will do way over 600hp but im gonna just set it at 430.

Yes the battery is in the trunk.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Also you guys see that the TB is after the sc. These big blowers do not like to have a lil 74 mm tb in front of them. Mine is 4" all the way to the blower. (101.6 mm)
Do you have to run a blow off valve then? Wouldn't you have problems slamming the closed TB butterfly with boost? Would be awesome to have a BOV on a blower.

I'm hella jealous!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 161 Posts