Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale:

Well i got tired of the play in the skunk2 bushings, so i custom ordered some delrin replacements. My car is back to stock, and these didn't come through in time.

Delrin Bushings are BRAND NEW - i just put them in the arms tonight.

"Tired of unwanted dynamic camber, feeling loose through the corner, and the amusing wheel wobble with your Skunk2 Camber arms? The poly bushings that come with the Skunk2 rear camber arms don't last. There is way too much flex, and then when they're worn out the camber becomes very dynamic resulting in a loose rear-end."

"The bushings are machined out of delrin with a 6061 T6511 core sleeve for the thru-bolt. The delrin bushings have no flex designed to replace the soft poly bushings that come with the Skunk2 Camber arms."

Pictures from the manufacturer:

Delrin replacement bushings do not come cheap. To order the bushings alone for some cars are $3-400. These cost $199 from the manufacturer.

Skunk2 camber arms are $280 new from corsport.

My price for this one off set-up : $375 shipped in the original skunk2 box.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump for something invaluable on the track..

loose bushings cause unwanted camber and toe changes when cornering, which can and has caused sustancial damage to those who've had this happen.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ugh just crunched some numbers it would be best for me to order them new rather than swap stuff out.

:bump: for robert
you can't order them new.. only 1 set have/will be made and that is right here.

:bump: :thumb:

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah.. Mike isn't going to be making any more. There wasn't enough interest on KST lol

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
someone must actually drive their car on a track on this forum.. lol

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. My first DE is at Hallett on May 2nd.

The only issue is I'm not 100% confident that Delrin is better. Delrin is a "poly" brushing, as it's a thermoplastic polymer. If they were made from a thermoset plastic like Torlon or phenolic; I'd buy them instantly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.