Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brand new painted white Mugen replica spoiler for sale
never install it because the color only match 90% to Taffeta White(as u can see in the pic) so i decided to sell it
u wont notice the color is a bit off if u r not staring at it...but if u take a few more look, then the color of the spoiler is more like between Type-R's Championship White and Taffeta White

looking for $150 shipped or $130 pick up in SoCal

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Is it pained with Honda OEM paint? How many layers of clear coat did they use? Are the Mugen badge(s) included?

The reason it might not match is because your cars paint is faded. If you dont wax your car often, or you park it out side, the paint will fade.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
sk33ny said:
Is it pained with Honda OEM paint? How many layers of clear coat did they use? Are the Mugen badge(s) included?

The reason it might not match is because your cars paint is faded. If you dont wax your car often, or you park it out side, the paint will fade.
Why would the Mugen badges be included if it's a REPLICA :police:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sk33ny said:

i just gave the body shop TW's color code...so not sure if they use OEM paint or not...also i have no idea how many layers of clear coat did they use
i am also looking for some Mugen badges too, so they are not included

i thought Honda's paint has pretty high quality...i dont think itz that easy to get faded

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is...
her job is to drive it, to enjoy it, to have fun with it :vtec:
my job is to mod it, wash it, take care of it and pay for it :(

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
ZestJDM said:
i just gave the body shop TW's color code...so not sure if they use OEM paint or not...also i have no idea how many layers of clear coat did they use
i am also looking for some Mugen badges too, so they are not included

i thought Honda's paint has pretty high quality...i dont think itz that easy to get faded
It doesnt matter how high quality the paint is, over time any paint will fade.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
If you would be interested in a full trunk swap (assuming that the wing is actually attached to your car) for an SI trunk-lid, PM me.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
man...i cant afford a high-res camera...thatz the best i can do...but i do have some more pics

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Even with the same paint code, all cars come with a slightly different hue. It depends on the batch and how it's mixed. You could get it painted at Honda on a brand new car and still have the hue slightly off. So conceivably, this may match somebody who has a slightly yellower and darker hue TW than the OP. Just because it looks like that for him doesn't mean it'll look like that for you (or it could go the other way and look even more off)

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Man I want it, that price is so insanely good (imo). Just the fact that I'd have to tear apart my trunk lid, figure out another brake light, etc etc, it becomes too expensive.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even with the same paint code, all cars come with a slightly different hue. It depends on the batch and how it's mixed. You could get it painted at Honda on a brand new car and still have the hue slightly off. So conceivably, this may match somebody who has a slightly yellower and darker hue TW than the OP. Just because it looks like that for him doesn't mean it'll look like that for you (or it could go the other way and look even more off)
hey...i think u r right...i just installed TW Si grill today...OEM painted...and the grill also looks slightly yellower

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
I think i'd rather have the mugen spoiler that comes on the mugen si. It has the 3rd brake light, plus, its adjustable ftw.!

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I think i'd rather have the mugen spoiler that comes on the mugen si. It has the 3rd brake light, plus, its adjustable ftw.!
Me too, but $150 VS. $600 + seller markup + painting and the wing becomes a grand. At one point it's just ridiculous, and the Mugen wing has hit that point. That's why this one is so appealing...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.