8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, up for sale, sadly is an OEM navi Non-Premium version. Big upgrade for any non premium sound civic!!
This is the one that have a built in amp, so it powers straight to the speakers.
Premium owners are not completely left out, I got it to work on my SI!
I recently bought this from a member here, he did take good care of this unit, it's close to brand new. Unfortunately, I was just hit with late registration fees at the DMV and now i'm in need of cash....Here's what will be included with sale:
1. The navigation unit itself doh!
1a. Navi Disc (I think its the most current one, I'll double check tonight)
2. The navi pigtail (the green thingy with 22P)
3. GPS antenna
4. Dash piece for the navi
5. Amp bypass wire harness (Very important if you have premium sound)
6. My tech support (whatever knowledge I have with the install will be passed on to you, most people will leave you hanging with something like "Do a search and you'll find your answer" well guess what? It took me countless hours on the search engine to do this right!

As far as price, I'll post two prices $600 shipped for the package, or if you're local (Bakersfield) or I do head down to LA on some sundays $650 and i'll install it for you!! (takes at least 2 hours+ cuz I do take my time!!)
As for SI owners I can install it my way (I made a switch to turn the factory amp on and off, I haven't tried the amp bypass harness yet, so i'm not gonna try something I haven't done before). I will post the rest of the pics tonite after I pull the unit out :(

On with the pics.....

Oh lastly lastly my prices are OBO but please don't lowball :) Install package is negotiable too, maybe buy me lunch and some coronas errr sodas FTW! lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the LX comes with 4 speakers, which I think your stock stereo is Non-Premium. This navi will be the best upgrade for your car in my opinion...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
hm... thinking about getting this... i dont know how much your knowledge can help me because i plan on using this in my S2000. i wish this coudl do ipod but i'll just have to get around that. do you think it can still do an aux input?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude if u plug your ipod into the aux port, its like you're plugging your ipod into a stand alone speaker. YOu need something that will connect to your navi that will in turn allow you to control your ipod. I'm not sure if such a thing exist, but your best bet is the Ipod Interface adaptor Kit. Do a search on that, and NO i'm not going to do that for you and stop asking me for help on something you already know the answers to :p My service is intended for people who's installing the OEM navi only.
PS: Don't WTF me when Im just doing our 8th civic members a favor with my common knowledge :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pm'd ya!
Premium = External factory amp (Honda's way of saying *** all of you for trying to even think about replacing our radios, it's just not going to be easy for you)
Non-Premium = Built in amp (Kinda like the good old days civic stereos)

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
hey tru u wana trade? ur navi for my 09 stock Stero and that come with it but il try to help u install and uninstall hahaha!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JWong, you're killin me bro :p I'll see u around town man, Navi is on fleabay! Need to get rid of this one way or another.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
hahaha! why dont u go to honda and try to trade ur car in for a sedan civic si or even lx or ex.... oh if u really want a fambam car get the insight before price rise on those i love their headlights....
hahaaha i dont have a gun at ur face =] hahhaa! ight il try to see u around town i hardly go to oildale anymore cuz my ex gf lived up there use to go up there every other day hahaha!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretty much, U might have to reuse some of the screws from your OEM radio :) I think the most important piece you really need is the navi pigtail. I can tell you that installation would be hell without it. Keep in mind this unit is ideal for a Non-Premium Sound equipped civic. If you have an SI then you might wanna look for a Premium Navi instead. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.