Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale! These are for an Si.

Fronts:

Hawk DTC-60, one set new in box and one set with two track days

Asking $140 shipped

Rears:

Hawk Blacks, one set new in box and one set with two track days

Asking $120 shipped

Would sell everything for $200 shipped to the lower 48.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Can you answer a few questions for me?

What was your opinion of the HTC-60 vs the Black?

IF you can PM me or reply with a somewhat complete review, I am a highly potential buyer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I chose the DTC-60's in the front based on some good advice who has an si coupe in time trials for NASA. I chose the Blacks for the rear because the rears really just wear from my experience, and again from discussion with others. Hawk didn't make (they might now) DTC-60s in the rear for our cars but I would say you'd want more bite in the front than the rear. I've never been fast (still learning to be smooth) but the DTC-60s never faded on me, and handled well. For the record my si is stock, with re-01r's on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
how were they on your rotors? I don't know if you know much about me nor by car but I do some heavy tracking. so you say you want $200 for all of them? 2 sets of brand new pads and 2 sets of used pads?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My stock rotors held up okay to them, though the rotors suffered more from driving to and from the track when the pads weren't warmed up. They have a higher range of operation temps wise, and like heat. On an october day at road america, it took 4 laps to get them warmed up. Ambient temp was around 50 degrees, and probably a bit higher on track. $200 shipped to the lower 48 for the whole batch.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
damn, what worries me is that it takes you that many laps to warm them up. im surprised that your SI is fairly stock and your running these type of pads.. ill let you know. thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah, sorry for the confusion: that case with Road America I gave was when it was extremely cold. On a normal summer day (temps mid 70s) they warm up in about a lap, give or take.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.