8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I just got a new retrofit, I'm going to sell my previous retrofitted headlight. It is an 09 OEM Sedan headlight retrofitted with G3 bi-xenon projector kit. It included a pair of headlight with G3 projector retrofitted, white CCFL angel eyes around the projectors, a pair of 4300K bulbs, and a pair of wiring harness. The cutoff been modded to step cutoff. There is a DIY I posted for this retrofit, and if anyone interested to know more details, you can see it at http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/ligh...bi-xenon-retrofit-under-250-easy-diy-pnp.html

The headlight been installed on my civic since Sept 09 and still works very well.

Here are some pictures:

There is a broken tab on the passenger side, but it is fixed and worked without any issue.

There is a pair of PnP harness included, and it covered the bi-xenon hi/lo operations, and custom circuit to power the angel eyes with DRL. But since it is the first PnP harness I made, it is a little bit bulky and I'm a bit embarrassing to sell it. So, if there is a buyer of this headlight, I will re-made the harness, which is a lot cleaner then what you see in this picture.

And here is the cutoff pictures I took before. Sorry I can't take more output pictures as it is no longer installed on my car.

The price for this is Sold.

Update about the PnP Harness
As I said, I will prepare a new harness for the buyer, so the buyer will have some choices on how the light works.

For the 9005 High Beam Bulb:
1. Work like stock - 60% intensity at DRL, fully on when High beam.
2. Only used for DRL.
3. Only used for High Beam.

For the CCFL Angel Eyes:
1. On with DRL.
2. On with DRL and Low Beam. Basically it means it will on almost all of the time, since you will be have either DRL or Low Beam on at any time except when you just started your car.

The basic (and recommended) configuration will be #1 for 9005 bulb and #1 for angel eyes, but buyer can choose any combinations above with $20 additional.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Will these fit '08 FA's?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hmmm... my mom lives in Fremont too. How long does the install take? Would you be willing to help install w/ purchase when you have some free time?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm... my mom lives in Fremont too. How long does the install take? Would you be willing to help install w/ purchase when you have some free time?
Since the harness will be PnP, if you already have the Ballasts installed for a PnP kit installed, it will only involves taking off the bumper and existing headlight, put this retrofitted headlight on, connect the wire and secure it, then put the bumper back. Basically this is pretty simple and you can follow my DIY post to do that by yourself, but I think I can give some help since you are local.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm located in San Francisco. Local pickup is ok. And we can meet around Fremont in work days too.
:eek:hsnap: i go to sfsu. and stay up in sf throughout the week, but home in sj on the weekends. ive been wantin some retrofits but too much $$ if these workout fine i just might wanna meet up to check them out you have any pics of them on your car?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
:eek:hsnap: i go to sfsu. and stay up in sf throughout the week, but home in sj on the weekends. ive been wantin some retrofits but too much $$ if these workout fine i just might wanna meet up to check them out you have any pics of them on your car?
The headlight is no longer on my car, but I have some pictures I took before...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.