8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
★ ☆ ✰ LAST UPDATE 07-07-2010 ✰ ☆ ★

********************************************************************************************************************************
  • Sales Terms:
    • Serious buyers only. If you have to ask your wife, mother, girlfriend, or Uncle Jim, please do so before contacting me.
    • Payment Accepted: Credit Cards (+4%), Ca$h monies, Money Order, Bank/Cashier Check or PayPal
      • I accept credit cards through my iPhone via Square but charge 4% to offset the fee/convenience. This is NOT against their TOS as with PayPal. To pay this way, I need to swipe your card (local) or enter the number/exp.
      • PayPal account must be confirmed/verified 100% or money will be refunded until you verify your account.
    • All items sold as is, no warranties unless otherwise stated or included from manufacturer
    • No refunds unless there is a VERY good reason (IE: I fcuked up)
    • Additional photos provided upon request
    • I reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone for any reason.
    • Scammers will be hunted like wildlife
  • Shipping Details
    • Price does NOT include shipping to lower 48 United States unless otherwise stated
    • Shipping to AK, HI, CAN is subject to additional cost
    • Local pickup is welcomed & preferred in Denver, Colorado area. (ESPECIALLY WHEN POSTED IN REGIONAL FORUMS)

• Contacting me
    • Please post all general questions in this thread, it helps others with the same question get an answer faster.
    • You may PM me HERE or EMAIL me HERE
    • SMS ONLY: (303) 647-1471

Items Available:

********************************************************************************************************************************
  • CUSTOM False Floor, Amp Rack, Sub Box: $250
    • DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY AUDIO EQUIPMENT, JUST THE CUSTOM BOX, RACK, AND FLOOR.
    • Ideal fitment for 1x JL 10w6v2 sub, 1x JL A1400 amp & 1x JL A6450 amp
    • I will sell JL 10w6v2 Sub WITH aforementioned enclosure for additional $200 if you are interested. Will NOT sell sub separately.
    • PHOTO

Thank you,

-COMplex

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the spare will need to be removed.

I don't think it will fit a W7 unfortunately.

10w7
10w6v2

Nominal Diameter: 10.0 in. / 254 mm | 10.0 in. / 254 mm
Overall Diameter (A): 10.5 in. / 267 mm | 10.5 in. / 267 mm
Mounting Hole Diameter (B): 8.74 in. / 222 mm | 9.0 in. / 228.5 mm
Bolt Hole Circle (C): 9.34 in. / 237 mm | 9.86 in. / 250.5 mm
Magnet Diameter (D): 6.55 in. / 166mm | 6.125 in. / 156 mm
Mounting Depth (E): 8.0 in. / 203 mm | 6.9 in. / 175 mm

Based on the mounting depth, and recommended enclosure specs, I don't believe the w7 will fit adequately.

See here also:
w7 JL Audio: Products
w6 JL Audio: Products

The enclosure was built for the 10w6v2's sealed specifications was designed for SQL competition. The w7 is a different animal, and mounted differently also.

I don't think there is enough room in the spare tire well for a upward facing w7/false floor configuration anyway due to the size of enclosure needed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Does it fit a sedan? How big is the sub enclosure volume? What material is it, mdf or fiberglass? These are some of the more important pieces of info for your post

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it fit a sedan? How big is the sub enclosure volume? What material is it, mdf or fiberglass? These are some of the more important pieces of info for your post
I've never seen the trunk of a sedan, so I'm not sure.

The sub enclosure volume is a tad larger than the minimum specified for the 10w6v2. I can probably recalculate if needed, but I remember when we were building it that it was very important and we made 100% sure it was more than the minimum.

This won 1st place at a MECA SQL competition (as part of the rest of the system)

Made of MDF.

Thanks for asking good questions :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts