8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is an unused ALEX Ti shift knob. It needs to have a threaded insert for proper fitment, even though the box says 10x1.5. Asking $70 shipped

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To clarify about the insert:

So, despite coming in the 10x1.5 box, it doesn't fit. Comparing it to a civic si knob I had laying around, you can see where the insert for the si knob would be needed for the alex knob.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, and unfortunately it does not fit without an insert (as you can see from the pic above comparing the si knob and the alex knob)

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I have an ARC Ti knob & it utilizes a plastic insert. I wonder where one can aquire an insert for this shiftknob.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping to find something like that on the intarwebs before putting it up for sale since it would make the sale easier but I've been a failure at success-searchery. le sigh.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I bought it new from ALEX and it took forever to arrive (hard enough getting parts from them specifically. Took 4 months to get my DC5 motor mounts from them. Worth it though)

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
you can buy a insert on ebay for $10. there is one specifically for shift knobs they come in metric or standard and vary in sizes depending on the car. Just make sure when you order it that you request metric i unfortunatelly did not and had to order another set :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts