8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a 06-07 csx navigation radio, brand new. This is the internally amplified unit so all you civic owners with the premium audio stereo system(Example Si coupe,Si sedan,Ex coupe)don't even bother asking me about this. This Navi unit will work with EX sedans,and LX,DX coupes with a little bit of wire splicing to your factory dash harness. The csx navi unit is the same as the american civic navi unit(NON PREMIUM AUDIO)with the exception of XM. Included with the unit is the United States/Canada Ver.6.11 DVD map,the Navigation Dash Bezel,the Gps antenna,all brackets and hardware, and the security password. Pm me with any questions.
$600.00 obo + shipping

BTW: THIS WILL NOT PLAY DVD MOVIES

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
This Navi unit will work with EX sedans,and LX,DX coupes with a little bit of wire splicing to your factory dash harness.

Will it work with the EX Coupe? Also just to clarify, this is the OEM Honda nav unit that you see in the US Civics? Im confused because you mention that this is the internally amplified one as in Premium Audio? But you also mention this is the CSX navi unit which is US "NON PREMIUM AUDIO" nav.. Sorry man, I'm just trying to get this straight before considering it :)

Looking forward to pics.. I know it'll help a lot!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
truflip said:
This Navi unit will work with EX sedans,and LX,DX coupes with a little bit of wire splicing to your factory dash harness.

Will it work with the EX Coupe? Also just to clarify, this is the OEM Honda nav unit that you see in the US Civics? Im confused because you mention that this is the internally amplified one as in Premium Audio? But you also mention this is the CSX navi unit which is US "NON PREMIUM AUDIO" nav.. Sorry man, I'm just trying to get this straight before considering it :)

Looking forward to pics.. I know it'll help a lot!
EX Coupe's have Premium audio. Premium audio is just an external amplifier(350watt) this will not work on your car unless you want to bypass your existing amplifier. This unit is internally amplified(160watt)or NON PREMIUM AUDIO and is identical to US 4DR MODEL CIVIC's. This unit is OEM HONDA that is made for acura CSX'...Hope i've answered all your questions:wavey:

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Yes you did, thank you! I learned something new about my cars audio!

I would also suggest posting this in the US forums if no local/Canadian bites. You will get more exposure there since they don't often browse the Canada East F/S forums ;) Good luck!

·
Registered
909 Posts
How much of a PITA is this to install, and would you need to upgrade to the auto temp controls with it as well?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Avenger said:
How much of a PITA is this to install, and would you need to upgrade to the auto temp controls with it as well?
I'm being completely honest with you...there's 2 way's of doing it 1:Get the proper dash harness remove your harness and install the new one and everything will be plug and play, this way costs you more and is extremely time consuming. OR 2:Get the neccessary harness clips for the back of the navi unit(WHICH I STILL HAVE ON THE 2007 EX COUPE NAVIGATION DASH HARNESS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE),Civic wire diagram(WHICH I HAVE IN A 2006 CIVIC SERVICE MANUAL) and basically splice into your original dash harness, this way is cheaper and less time consuming. I have already done it both ways on my 06Si and trust me the 2nd way is much better+easier. As for the temp. controls there's no need for upgrading, you just transfer your exsiting temp. controls to the new navigation dash bezel. BTW you'll need to purchase the navigation dash bezel,left and right radio brackets,and GPS antenna to do the retrofit into your car. You can find these parts at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, don't worry these parts are cheap compared to the navi unit which is like $2400.00:SHOCKED:
Hope i've answered all your questions let me know if your interested as this navi unit won't stay up for sale for long on this site...THANK YOU:wavey:

·
Registered
34 Posts
nelsonr31 said:
Up for sale is a 06-07 csx navigation radio, brand new. This is the internally amplified unit so all you civic owners with the premium audio stereo system(Example Si coupe,Si sedan,Ex coupe)don't even bother asking me about this. The reason why i'm selling this unit is because I did a navi retrofit into my 06Si, this was the first unit i bought which doesn't work with my car.
Hi there, I also have a 06-07 CSX navi.
I was planning to install it into my 07Si.
By what you are saying, it will not work with the Si's right ?
Thank You...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bchow said:
Hi there, I also have a 06-07 CSX navi.
I was planning to install it into my 07Si.
By what you are saying, it will not work with the Si's right ?
Thank You...
Does it say premium audio system right beside the acura symbol on the face of the radio? because if it doesn't sorry dude it wont work with your car. The only CSX navi that'll work with your car is the one that says premium audio system right beside the acura symbol on the face of the unit,this navi unit can be found in CSX type S'....Sorry dude if you don't have this unit:sadwavy:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
just curious, is there a load up screen that says Acura on it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.