8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Front Windshield Moulding

87K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  bmsoliveira 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So a few weeks ago I was driving down the freeway and the moulding on the front windshield came loose and started to flap in the wind and I had to stop on the side and take it out. I'm looking to replace it now but I don't know which part to buy. I have it down to two different parts and I wanted to make sure I was buying the right part. Thanks for the help.

I'm thinking it's either 8/9 on this link, or it's 1 on this link. It could also be B-42-10 on the second link, I'm not sure what that is.

Also sorry if I'm posting this in the incorrect forum.

See less See more
#3 ·
Alright, so I went to the parts counter at the local Honda dealership and they had trouble figuring out what I needed as well. But for future reference B-42-10 is just referring back to 8/9 on the first link and that's what I needed. It's the roof moulding that comes down and covers the sides of the windshield and folds down to cover the missing part on my Civic. I bought both 8 and 9 from ebay for $120 shipped and had my mechanic replace it for me.

#4 ·
To make sure that your car is equipped with a tough and durable windshield, better install it with the Replacement windshield. (carobd2shop.com)Aside from protecting the car's occupants from the harsh effects of wind, the Replacement windshield is also the best protection from extreme temperature, dirt, dust and other road elements that may cause harm to you as you drive your car.

#5 ·
Forgive me for summoning this thread from the dead, but I just went through the EXACT same thing: rubber eroding and flapping in the wind, etc...

I was going insane trying to figure out the part# because it's not very clear at all from the diagrams.

Very glad I found this thread. It's the dang drip side moulding. Thanks.

Okay, now back to the grave. Cheers.

#6 ·
I have 2006 civic hybrid and having similar if not same issue. I was about to order part 8/9 and was surprised its box is 8ft long. Before I purchase it seems to run from bottom side corner of front windshield to trunk window (along the roofline). Are you saying that it also flaps down and covers the side of the "gutter" of the windshield?

#7 · (Edited)
Glad I found this old post, my 2006 Civic Ex 4-door has the gaps in molding along the sides of the windshield.
After much searching, found new links for parts –
In top illustration (sedan), these are the related parts –
#8 is Molding, R Drip Side 73158-SNA-013
#9 is Molding, L Drip Side 73168-SNA-013
#5 is Clip A, Windshield (Blue) 73153-SNA-003
#6 is Clip B, Windshield (Yellow) 73154-SNA-003
#7 is Clip C, Windshield (Brown) 73155-SNA-003
#15 is Clip A, Front Windshield Side 91570-SJD-003
#16 is Clip, Roof Molding 91572-SDA-A01
And down the page is a similar-but-different set for the 2-door.

However, in my case it seems that the breaking-loose part is the thin flap on the underside of these super-long moldings.
I am thinking that maybe there is some form of rubber tubing, about 36 inches long and 5/8 inch diameter (space gets slightly smaller toward the top), that could be snugged into position to keep water out of the works? Maybe with some silicone adhesive?

#8 ·
This flapping moulding problem is standing the test of time lol. Had the flapping problem too on my 2009 civic until Weirdest thing until I figured out what the noise was when they just flapped right off the car while on the highway . Anyway I got the replacement mouldings and broke most of the clips taking off the old Left side one. Hopefully I will be more careful/fortunate with the right one. I think i'm just going to use adhesive like sikaflex to put on the new mouldings. Finding and not breaking these fragile things seems beyond my abilities, wallet and patience. So glue it will be!

#9 ·
Yea those clips get brittle and snap easily, if/when I replace mine R-pass. side rear is flapping in the breeze. The back end of the roof strip has a slotted piece that the plastic is broken and it just won't stay down, and that part is not available as a part only with the molding.
If anyone removes/replaces these molding and is willing to cut the last 3 or 4 inches of the molding off, if that plastic piece is not broken I'd be interested in it.

#12 ·
The molding mentioned above is the long strip that runs R&L side of windshield along windshield and the roof line all the way to back of roof line. The rubber is not replaceable.
I think what you have pointing out is the actual rubber gasket set for the windshield itself, not the trim.

#14 ·
That's correct, and the same problem most of us have on cars that are not kept in garages.. the rubber deteriorates.
Its really just an annoying look thing.. perhaps the rubber may serve some purpose to redirect some water or perhaps decreases some minimal amount of wind noise at high speeds.
Its an expensive replacement, all the parts are listed above including the clips which are also in need of replacement as they have also deteriorated over time and you'll break a few trying to replace the trim strip.

If you do order the parts get the correct ones, sedan is different (longer) than the Coupe.

#21 ·
Tha's part of the part, the trim strip runs from below the windshield, down the roof line to the rear window.
Hard to find, not cheap to ship, not that hard to replace, but if you try you shoudl also buy all the clips because they will likely crumble or break while doing the replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.