8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone notice when your driving, and your car is still cold, that the front window rattles. Its kind of scary because on the back of your head, you think the window is just going to come loose. I want to bring it to the dealership, but I'm not sure if it'll stay rattling once they test drive the car. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

P.S. If this has already been brought up, can someone please give me a link? Thanks. I've only seen this thread. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mechanical-problems-technical-chat/71177-interior-rattling-noise.html

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I have this too, and it drives me absolutely crazy. My rear window does it as well.

It usually goes away after the car is warmed up throughly. These intermittent rattles are nearly impossible to get replicated at the dealership, and you come away feeling stupid for even asking. :(

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
my windows rattle too, all of them as soon as you crack it open. It sounds like there is something loose. has anybody taken their cars in for this and what did they replace or fix?

·
Registered
579 Posts
my drive side window does the same. only when i crack it an inch or less though. i never really bothered to have it checked out...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took mine in for the window rattle and they told me it had to do with the design of the window mechanics. I told him I didnt care, I didn't pay $20k to listen to a window rattle. They ordered the motor and assembly and are going to replace it. He said if that doesnt do it, I'm out of luck. Got my fingers crossed this will fix it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
My windshield rattles, well maybe it's more of a creak, when super cold... Actually didn't even do it today, and it was about -20...
Seems pretty common in the winter

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took mine in for the window rattle and they told me it had to do with the design of the window mechanics. I told him I didnt care, I didn't pay $20k to listen to a window rattle. They ordered the motor and assembly and are going to replace it. He said if that doesnt do it, I'm out of luck. Got my fingers crossed this will fix it.
For anyone with the front window rattle problem(drivers side in my case)... my parts finally came in (window motor and assembly). Just got the car back from having it installed and it fixed the window rattle. No more rattling over every dam bump in the road. I had the same problem others mentioned. no rattle with the window up but if it was down an inch or two it rattled over every bump...

·
Registered
404 Posts
For anyone with the front window rattle problem(drivers side in my case)... my parts finally came in (window motor and assembly). Just got the car back from having it installed and it fixed the window rattle. No more rattling over every dam bump in the road. I had the same problem others mentioned. no rattle with the window up but if it was down an inch or two it rattled over every bump...
Sweet! Bringing mine in...mine rattles when I roll the window down an inch or so...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts