8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I decided to replace my front suspension with Honda struts and the suspension is louder going over bumps than ever. It is more of a knocking sound, I took it to a mechanic friend and he said that for the most part it was installed and torqued correctly. it makes noise when I go over the smaller bumps but its fine going over larger speed bumps, no noise turning as well.

I didn't replace the strut top mounts, and used my buddies stock suspension (used but low km and didnt leak). I only hand tightened the bolt that connect the top mount with spring and strut.

Torqued the pitch bolts down to 70 lbs, and the three top mount bolts to 40 lbs.

Symptoms:
Rough ride
Vibration at high speeds with no alignment issues
Loud and noisy at higher speeds over rough roads
Knocking noise on both sides

I didn't notice any issues with steering, in fact it feels much sharper than before.

Any ideas guys? I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also replaced the CV axle at the same time as the suspension.

I just took the front struts out and made sure that they were in the right orientation and they were not. I put the arrow towards the front and there was still noise when I took it for a test drive. I am desperate now.

I did notice this noise when I turned the wheel/tires by hand. Is this a normal sound?

https://youtu.be/B8LVEj7DkkM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts