8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Drivin around in an 08 FA5... I'm wanting two new front racing seats. Help me out with suggestions! And with new seats, is the seat all you need or do I need to buy anything else for a full install? Not looking for the best seats ever, just ones that'll hold me nicer, look good, be alright for a DD, and do well for the occasional track day I hit up.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Seriously, your going to risk your life on knock off seats? Shell out the money for authentic Recaros, I'd rather pay a few hundred bucks more for a real seat then pay thousands in medical bills due to a shitty replica seat.

Anyway, do you want a reclinable or fixed back seat? For reclinable seats, look into the DC2/DC5 Recaro's, and for those seats, you will need a recaro slider + seat bracket. For a fixed back seat, ie Recaro SPG/Pole Position, you will need side mounts, slider and bracket.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seriously, your going to risk your life on knock off seats? Shell out the money for authentic Recaros, I'd rather pay a few hundred bucks more for a real seat then pay thousands in medical bills due to a shitty replica seat.

Anyway, do you want a reclinable or fixed back seat? For reclinable seats, look into the DC2/DC5 Recaro's, and for those seats, you will need a recaro slider + seat bracket. For a fixed back seat, ie Recaro SPG/Pole Position, you will need side mounts, slider and bracket.
I don't know much about seats, but I'm not looking to cheap out. I just want something good for a DD. The DC2 Recaros, where do I buy a Recaro slider and seat bracket? Thanks man.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I don't know much about seats, but I'm not looking to cheap out. I just want something good for a DD. The DC2 Recaros, where do I buy a Recaro slider and seat bracket? Thanks man.
You can buy them from Wedge Engineering > HOME-BRACKETS. They can provide you the whole rail setup which is a slider and a bracket for your car. They are very helpful and know what they are doing. Just hit them up and tell them you have a reclinable recaro seat and you want to get rail/bracket setup and they can do it all for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts