8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so. On my front bumper I have a pretty mean crack right under my driver side headlight as well as on the bottom of the driver side. What would be more cheaper... To get it patched up at an auto body shop... or would I probably have to go to the dealer and order a new bumper. I also have a dent on the edge above my wheel weel. I'll take pictures of it.
As for the rear bumper, theres large scratches//chips from my dad back up into a wall at an angle... =/ Dealer? or Auto body shop. lol
I'll take pictures tomarrow

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
I am thinking that it may be cheaper to just get your bumpers repaired and repainted. Unless it comes pre-painted from honda than it may be cheaper to buy new oem bumpers.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took the chance to take the pictures
Front Bumper Cracked

Rear Bumper Badly Scratched. Rearwell fender also is like.. bent out of shape...

Driver side wheel well fender dented.

What do you guys suggest for repairs. new bumpers? or patch up from auto body

·
Registered
375 Posts
Damn playa take care of your car!! My boy rear ended me a couple months ago but he just cracked my paint from the bumper bending in and popping back out... If I were u I'd just get a whole front end

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
damn philjay...take that thing off roading recently or somthing? lol. But it will prob cost less to get it repaired by a body shop then buying a new front a rear because they don't come painted from honda.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
ummm id get a new bumper....and the back can be done at a body shop. I dont know many body shops that would repair the front bumper.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
That front bumper is not worth repairing. The back bumper on the other hand is an easy repair, just needs to be sanded down and your good to go. As for the fender, I would contact a PDR (paintless dent repair) guy and see if he can get those out, might be a little difficult with the body line, but that is usually around $100 and often will come out looking like new (or really close).

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
upgrade to OEM 09 Bumper. haha iunno about the rear though, a lot of other people might know more about it. I am not really a fan of bondo patch ups though.

·
Registered
794 Posts
That front bumper is not worth repairing. The back bumper on the other hand is an easy repair, just needs to be sanded down and your good to go. As for the fender, I would contact a PDR (paintless dent repair) guy and see if he can get those out, might be a little difficult with the body line, but that is usually around $100 and often will come out looking like new (or really close).
:yeahthat: new bumper to the front but rear bumper looks like an easy fix

·
Registered
126 Posts
i got hit and run on at my work in the same area on the front fender....went to dent wizard and after he showed me the dent on the crease that goes around the fender well....that crease (or however you want to describe it) is just as must a support crease as a design and went it bent it threw off the whole fender....its hard to explain it but he did do a good job of explaining it and showing all the other bends in the fender as a result of the dent....he even said," its hard to believe that little dent would throw your whole fender out of wack....he def recommended professional repair or replacement.

edit:always read over your post before actually posting

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got hit and run on at my work in the same area on the front fender....went to dent wizard and after he showed me the dent on the crease that goes around the fender well....that crease (or however you want to describe it) is just as must a support crease as a design and went it bent it threw off the whole fender....its hard to explain it but he did do a good job of explaining it and showing all the other bends in the fender as a result of the dent....he even said," its hard to believe that little dent would throw your whole fender out of wack....he def recommended professional repair or replacement.

edit:always read over your post before actually posting
confused. so was he able to repair it or is that a no.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i'd suggest the replacement of front bumper and dont worry about the rear bumper cuz it might get damaged again (not to be a pessimist but if your running on an original part (the part that came with the car from Day 1) its worth more than a replaced bumper. try getting the nicks out of the rear bumper, and dont replace it unless something bad happens -- god forbid) i say replace the front bumper cuz its gonna be subjected to the wind and such, head on, and i've seen guys that had their front bumper cracked like that, and it came loose on the highway and he was dragging it for 5 miles before it fully broke off. thankfully no one was by him, but its dangerous to other people... (those that want to know, it was a corolla that had that happen)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts