8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, heard it. One pop, three other male adult passengers on board today.

a) Is it a TSB?

b) Can I take it to any dealer (the original one sucks; the one by my work is really great, and the master tech there has a SC Si!!!)

c) Is this something that needs to be looked at right away?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
No my car was popping for a while finally the dealer figured it out, the steering rack bolts were loose and was falling off the cowling...

THere is a TSB on the bump stop though maybee that is what you heard...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I heard as we were turning out of a driveway. small sound, I'm the only person who probably noticed.

Sigh.

·
Registered
35 Posts
iomatic said:
Yup, heard it. One pop, three other male adult passengers on board today.

a) Is it a TSB?

b) Can I take it to any dealer (the original one sucks; the one by my work is really great, and the master tech there has a SC Si!!!)

c) Is this something that needs to be looked at right away?

Thanks.

I am not sure if this URL below help you out. but i am having the same problem on my SI sedan. Since I am planning on switching my suspension to mugen sport suspension i might not get this fixed yet.

GOOD LUCK!!!

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48734

·
Registered
17 Posts
iomatic said:
So, take it to the original dealer or not?
I would take it. There is a TSB out but if they cant recreate the sound they are not going to do anything about it. Took mine last week for the same thing. Im going to continue till someone hears it. Anyone else have the clearcoat coming off a rim? happened to me and they are fixing that tomorrow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have this problem too. I hear something pops when i hit bumps I would recommend to bring it to honda ( where you got your car)

·
Registered
59 Posts
i thought i heard somethin i heard it once on the right then brushed it off thought it was a bottle but i heard it on the left too hondas ***** up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts