8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2008 Civic Coupe EX! My front lower control arms and sway bar end links are terribly bad and have entirely too much play in them. I bought new MOOG control arms with ball joints and MOOG sway bar end links. I began to disassemble the front suspension and got all the way to the rear LCA bolt (bolt B in the attached photo). I was able to get the front bolt out very easily (bolt A in attached photo) but i could not get out that rear bolt. I soaked it in WD-40 and tried to pull on it from every angle with quite a long cheater bar, nothing worked. I went out and bought a butane torch which I've heard should help, but I'm not quite sure if I should heat up the bolt head or the other end. Its kinda tricky to explain how its all laid out, but I can attach pictures tomorrow morning when I get back at it. To put it simply, how the HELL do I get this bolt out of the rear LCA mount? I'm not keen on going out and buying a big powerful impact just to get this one bolt out, as I don't plan on doing much to the car once I get these major repairs done and I doubt an impact would fit back there anyway. Any help is appreciated.

Also, I wasn't able to get the ball joint out of the knuckle, any tips for that? I have a ball joint fork kit and banged it is as far as i could but it just wouldn't pop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are better penetrating fluids than WD40. The bolt won't turn? Or is it turning, but won't come off? I hope you got this sorted, I did mine recently too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts