8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Honda Civic Si 80k miles
Dropped on Buddy club N+ 10K miles on them about finger gap all around.

Goodmorning . I have a popping on the driver side. Changed out Motor Mounts all 4 stock front and hasport for the other 3. It pops when initially taking off. If I slow down it makes it makes a noise too and then again when I take off especially from a stop and go from a stop sign. To me it sounds like something loose that keeps rocking back and forth. Already had end links, tie rods, inner tie rods, ball joint replaced earlyer this year, so I would doubt its the endlinks tierods and inner tierods and ball joint. re installed my buddy clubs and oem struts and did the steering TSB also. help pls. torque all the strut nuts to 43lbs. sometimes i hear the noise also when i brake coming to a stop but when im in da freeway or just cruising no noise at all its drivin me nuts spent all the money already changin stuff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would check your steering column, make sure nothing is loose inside or outside the car.

Next I would lift up the car and check for play in the CV axles.

Next while the car is in the air, check for play in the upper strut bearing. This is where the strut mounts to the fender, you can access this from under the hood, but while the car is in the air, try having a friend shake the strut assembly while you look at it from above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts