8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 8th guru's,

I recently did the DIY clear your headlights mod. Well, while taking off the front bumper, some of the little tabs that you have to pop out got broken in the process. I spaced out the sones I had but most of them were in rough shape... because it took me a while to figure out how they worked.

Anyways, I thought it would be fine, and its been a few weeks. But in that time, ive only driven back and forth to work and not on the highway at all. While on the highway today, at about 75mph the lip on the underside of my front bumper came loose and was 'thwapping' violently ... it was a horrible noise. At first, I thogh I had blown a tire.

Anyways, Im wondering if there is anything I can to to fix the problem. Now, Im down to about 4 or 5 of those tabs total... i lost most of them when it riped off. Can I just buy more of the tabs @ a store? or are they something ill have to get from honda?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Englishe30 said:
go to a honda dealership and get some...there cheap. Buy a bunch so if this happens again you got replacements..
Alright, thanks. I figured it wouldnt be too expensive. theyre just plastic pieces.

After looking @ it again briefly this morning... I may have to buy that whole plastic cover. But that shouldnt be that expensive. Ill have to see when I go tot he stealership today.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
:yeahthat: that what I did very easy fix

·
Registered
125 Posts
PhalanX said:
How much did that plastic cover run you?

I tried finding the part on HondaPartsDeals.com... but couldnt find it.
Thats what I want to know also. My lip spoiler got damaged when I hit a pothole I didn't see until the last minute while driving in NYC.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MBK said:
PhalanX?????
Yes, that is me...

L7jr said:
Thats what I want to know also. My lip spoiler got damaged when I hit a pothole I didn't see until the last minute while driving in NYC.
When I find out, Ill post up in this thread, or Ill PM you.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
L7jr said:
Your timing is impeccable. LoL. :eek:hsnap: I was literally JUST comign back to this thread to post my findings.

I looked a lot closer at the plastic part last night and managed to find my way to it on HondaPartDeals.com.

The part im looking for and the actual lip that you can see are two different parts. The one Im looking for is @ the link below.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=2896&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=2006&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+EX&hp_series_transmission=5AT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=H&hp_component=B++50

The part is #007 in the illustration and the clips for it are #017 and 018.

The part you are looking for, if I am not mistaken... can be found as #003 at the following link.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=2896&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=2006&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+EX&hp_series_transmission=5AT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=G&hp_component=B++46

Hope this helps.

I just ordered a bunch of clips as well as an Si Grille (no 'Si' emblem)

·
Registered
125 Posts
PhalanX said:
Your timing is impeccable. LoL. :eek:hsnap: I was literally JUST comign back to this thread to post my findings.

I looked a lot closer at the plastic part last night and managed to find my way to it on HondaPartDeals.com.

The part im looking for and the actual lip that you can see are two different parts. The one Im looking for is @ the link below.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=2896&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=2006&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+EX&hp_series_transmission=5AT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=H&hp_component=B++50

The part is #007 in the illustration and the clips for it are #017 and 018.

The part you are looking for, if I am not mistaken... can be found as #003 at the following link.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=2896&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=2006&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+EX&hp_series_transmission=5AT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=G&hp_component=B++46

Hope this helps.

I just ordered a bunch of clips as well as an Si Grille (no 'Si' emblem)
Thanks. You were right the part I want is 003. Thanks again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just looked through that part of the forum and couldn't find the thread about the meet on 9/9. Wanna point me towards it...

The only one I saw is on 9/1 by Flushing Meadows Park and I can't make it to that one.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts