8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may not be much but it's better than nothing.

Typically, most automakers stick to a relatively strict five-year product cycle for their highest-selling, most important products. The Honda Civic, for example, debuted in September of 2005, so realistically, a new model should be just around the corner, right? Not exactly.

In an interview with AutoWeek, American Honda executive vice president John Mendel said that changing market conditions and tougher fuel economy and emissions regulations have strongly affected the development of the next-generation Civic, meaning that the new model won't come until sometime in 2011. AW also reports that the Civic's redesign has been altered along the way – the new model was supposed to be larger than the current model, but now it has been redesigned to be closer in size to the current one (pictured above).

What's more, with hot new products like the 2012 Ford Focus on deck, Honda will certainly have to up the ante on the Civic's level of equipment, style and refinement. The Civic is still one of the world's best-selling cars: about one million are moved each year. And with the U.S. accounting for approximately one-third of those sales, Honda would be wise to ensure that the next-generation Civic will be attractive enough to keep it in the top tier of high-selling vehicles in the States.
Next-generation Honda Civic may be delayed — Autoblog

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Awesome news.
Honda needs to jump on the high tech bandwagon and start including stuff like built in WiFi or something in the next Civic. LOL

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hmm that kinda makes me mad i dont wanna wait that long to see what they do with them but oh well. I just hope they dont make only fuel effeciant models with no power.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Well it's good news in the sense that they're not going to make the next-gen one bigger. Think the Civic is getting too big as it is.

I don't care about high-tech junk though, I just hope they'd have a direct-injected version of the K20 and R18. Hope they don't come up with some stupid idea of making the Si an IMA-hybrid sports coupe, cus' that'd be horrible.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
i hope they come out with a new engine and a new si. like a 2.2 liter 240 hp civic around the same weigh as the current gen.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
In an interview with AutoWeek, American Honda executive vice president John Mendel said that changing market conditions and tougher fuel economy and emissions regulations have strongly affected the development of the next-generation Civic, meaning that the new model won't come until sometime in 2011. AW also reports that the Civic's redesign has been altered along the way – the new model was supposed to be larger than the current model, but now it has been redesigned to be closer in size to the current one (pictured above).
Bye bye Si

·
Registered
290 Posts
Honda can still handle having a fuel economic Civic as well as a fun sports version. The CR-Z is cool..but I hope that it does NOT take the Si's place as being Hondas "sportiest" car in the market. As cool as I think the CR-Z is I've come to realize that it probably won't be as fun as my FG2 but who knows!

It's great that Honda isn't rushing the 9th gen civic. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Honda can still handle having a fuel economic Civic as well as a fun sports version. The CR-Z is cool..but I hope that it does NOT take the Si's place as being Hondas "sportiest" car in the market. As cool as I think the CR-Z is I've come to realize that it probably won't be as fun as my FG2 but who knows!

It's great that Honda isn't rushing the 9th gen civic. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
want a fast HONDA buy a bike. I dont think they will be slowing down CBR's anytime soon

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
so disappointed in honda lately, now they cant even release cars on time because ford is throwing gadgets on a ******* focus and the government wants good fuel economy?

yawn

1 - 20 of 66 Posts