8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to install my cold air intake today after I got home from class and ate. I started around 3 and everything was going smoothly until I had to remove the metal tube that goes from the engine to the filter box maybe I was doing something wrong but it took every ounce of strength I had to get that thing out of the rubber gromet on the filter box, so that was a good 30 minutes. Then came those ******* pins on the underside of the bumper. They weren't hard to remove but it took me about 40 minutes to figure out how to get them out without breaking anything... Then the screw on the resonator box behind the wheel seemed impossible. It took a good 30 minutes before I realized that I could just barely fit a wrench in through the top. I could only turn the wrench about 2 cm at a time so it took about 20 minutes to get that one screw out. After that it was smooth sailing again and I managed to get everything put on except for the secondary tubing before the sun started going down and I had to bring the bumper into my apartment and throw all of the parts and tools in the trunk. I'm going to get up early tomorrow to finish everything before class starts so wish me luck haha. I'm glad Fujita included that NOS energy drink because I'm going to need it. Basically I wasted about 2 hours on dumb stuff that shouldn't have happened but did because it could.

Now I feel better that I got that off my chest. :wheee:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is Murphey's law the one where whenever it is possible to misspell Murphy's law, it is misspelled?

learn how to spell.

you two can go **** each other

as for midnitesi if you would like to purchase my case for me it would be greatly appreciated... actually make it goldschlager because nights like that deserve comatic inebriation. oh and thank you for not being a douche ;)

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Good luck with the install man. I know what you mean. Sometimes it helps having a buddy around to give you tips and lend you a hand. Props to installing it yourself! :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's just wrong!

Man,

You all are HARSH for ragging on the man's spelling when he's having installation problems with his air box kit. At least he's trying to mod his ride to get more sound and horsepower/torque out of it.:clapping:

For a minute there, I thought I was back on the BMW snobby M3 forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts