8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had this happen? I went to the dealer today drove up and was greeted by 2 sales guys just standing there not selling anything. I told them I am serious about buying a cobalt SS or non SS w/manual trans. I asked him if I could test drive them, he said no problem went inside got 2 sets of keys. One set was for an LT, I wasn't impressed to say the least, and the other key was for the SS SC. Ok we get back and I say i would like to drive and compare to the SS MT you have. I didn,t tell him this but it wasn't my color anyway, but he had the balls to tell me a serious buyer that I couldn't test drive their SS without being pre-qualified on a loan. He said "the SS is like covette and its a special limited edition and can't let me drive it" I was like what the F... Im outta of here Peace out? I will go test drive it tomorrow at another dealer.
I tell ya that Dealer was proud of that car.
Fully loaded 2.0L supercharged cobalt sticker was $25,000

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
are you talking cobalt - or impalla ss?

He probably just wanted to run your credit and see if you could really afford it. Some dealers are like that. Your post kind of confused me. It looks like you drove the LT. Did you drive anything else? Or, he got the keys for the SS cobalt, but wouldn't let you drive it?

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove the non SS Cobalt no problems, I was even very careful with the car. He did get the keys for the SS Cobalt but only to tease me, and try and get me inside to do a credit report. Chevrolet is easier to get financed than a honda at which I am qualified. I don't want to run my credit again unless im definately going to buy the car. I guess its the way he told me that I couldn't drive the ss until He knew I was gonna buy. I definatly won't go back there to purchase. I'm going to test an SS now, be back later with my comparison.

·
Registered
31 Posts
maybe thats a sign saying that you do not want to buy that

buy a type s or the new si cobalt=crap imo and to support that i saw one at the dragstrip that couldnt do anything better thatn 15.4 i mean for a supercharged car thats slow

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wrussi said:
maybe thats a sign saying that you do not want to buy that

buy a type s or the new si cobalt=crap imo and to support that i saw one at the dragstrip that couldnt do anything better thatn 15.4 i mean for a supercharged car thats slow
Thanks for your opinion, I did drive an SS Cobalt and I think it is crap too. I don't like the wing and there is not as much head room as I like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts