8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a friend with a regular imprezza non wrx...He has rims exhasut and a drop. He always drives really fast, I saw a video of him going over 105mph on the atlantic city express away in the shoulder...Point is he is always speeding around. I told him to slow down but he said he was a flawless driver...He told me he'd take me for a ride in the back roads where he does ususaly 60-80mph..I was like ok, but when he said he was flawless I refused to go...I just found out he took some friends on the back roads and nailed a pole at 60. Car is wrecked and one passenger broke a collar bone due to airbag not deploying..I feel god saved me by making me say no and I just want to remind everyone to please drive safely..

·
Registered
213 Posts
sad to hear bro, if he wanted to speed, he shoulda went on a race course with proper car protection, neways i hope everything turns out ok

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
sucks to hear about about that.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
CiViCDooD said:
sad to hear bro, if he wanted to speed, he shoulda went on a race course with proper car protection, neways i hope everything turns out ok
i agree, keep the racing on the track. there is no sense and putting not only urself in dangers but others also.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Asif22 said:
Ok so I have a friend with a regular imprezza non wrx...He has rims exhasut and a drop. He always drives really fast, I saw a video of him going over 105mph on the atlantic city express away in the shoulder...Point is he is always speeding around. I told him to slow down but he said he was a flawless driver...He told me he'd take me for a ride in the back roads where he does ususaly 60-80mph..I was like ok, but when he said he was flawless I refused to go...I just found out he took some friends on the back roads and nailed a pole at 60. Car is wrecked and one passenger broke a collar bone due to airbag not deploying..I feel god saved me by making me say no and I just want to remind everyone to please drive safely..

I'm pretty sure your deity of choice had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I think common sense saved you, not God. There was no divine intervention that stopped you from getting in :p

Sorry to hear about that car though, although I'm glad it happened because now maybe he'll think twice before speeding like a moron. It's sad that everyone thinks they're "flawless" and that they can speed/text/talk on the phone/do their make-up/shave and will never get into an accident.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Asif22 said:
I feel god saved me by making me say no and I just want to remind everyone to please drive safely..
God has kept me from driving straight into a creek, and He very well could have guided you out of that situation. And if you do feel as such, let Him know.

glad to hear you're ok, and we all should learn to drive more safely.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Well I'm glad you decided against going with him, i'm sorry for his injured passenger however, that's why I rarely drive with anyone who has less experience than me on the road,

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
100+ on the shoulder? That's reckless beyond any reasoning. Even 60+ on backroads with passengers is ridiculous. As was said upthread, his "talent" ran out.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
God for sure helped you out :)
Even when you can't notice, there's an angel whispering .. :) Guiding you... Get on yr knees and thank him for the opportunity.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
For anyone to say they're a "flawless" driver is totally unrealistic, and pretty conceited when you get right down to it. Everybody's human; we all make mistakes at some point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I venture out to the backroads on a weekly basis, and whenever I come across one of these drivers, it's usually a bad sign. What you have is someone confusing pushing their car with technique, experience, and good decision making. Sadly, wrecks happen within two months. You live, you learn...or rather "he" lived.
You don't have to feel compelled to drive in any sort of manner whenever a friend calls you up. But by not being there, you would have not been able to say "Goodbye." Food for thought.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
seriously... lets not start another argument about religion... how about we all just be glad for the guy because he made the right decision and didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
True that. Also, lets try not to bash religion just cuz you may not believe in it. If someone makes a off hand "God" comment, and you just happen to not believe in it, don't comment. It is pretty simple.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts