8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aright, so I have just about had it with the people who think they are too cool for their Si. Now, I don't know about everyone else, but I always give a friendly honk to other Si's, its just a habit and being nice. But I am SICK of these people who just give a stare and drive by trying to look "cool". Ah! It just bugs me. Once in awhile I get the guys who honk back and/or wave, but I get way to many "too cool" drivers.

Sorry about the rant, it's just that it just happened and I got fed up. Or maybe it was my horrible day at work?? Hrmmm... =D

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I know what you mean. I have waved to other Si owners and they either stare straight ahead or look at me like I am some kind of a nut. If you drive by me, honk and I'll wave back! :wavey:

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
With the notable exception of the Vegas meet, all of the Si drivers I have encountered in Vegas have either:

1) Drove by in ignorant bliss

or

2) Rolled up and glared...then realizing to their surprise it was an "OLD GUY" in the car, sprinted off to find someone else to 'play'

I think I've actually passed Roger a few times in my jeep and F350, but honking at him in the truck could result in a wreck (air horn). heh.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
yea man, if they dont honk or waive back chances are they arent forum people. I would imagine almost anyone on here would honk or wave back. I think I would prefer the wave, and i will wave back.....when people honk it makes me and other drivers nervous.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I don't honk or wave..... Some guy waved and was yelling me at one time because we both had FBP Si's. Then he gave me a thumbs up and drove away. I was like ok..... >.> I mean I don't think I'm too cool or anything, but you don't see other people with the same cars honk or wave or give the thumbs up to each other. It's just not what I do I guess. Doesn't matter if I had a Si or not

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I'll always attempt to wave or something if I make eye contact with another Si driver.

I think the coldest encountered I had was when I went to the movie theaters this past Tuesday and saw a TW FG2. I parked right next to it and I carded it. As I was walking into the theater, some guy had said nice ride. It didn't occur to me at the time that this was the owner of the car I just carded, so I just said thanks and walked away. I then realized moments after when he used the fob. I came back to my car later that night with the card back on my car. Lame! I looked for key marks just in case. Phew.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sometimes honking may result in a person trying to race you? I don't know. There are many weird ways in which a person will try to race another. It could also be that the horns in our cars are weak. Either that or just use the "head nod." haha

·
Registered
884 Posts
there should be a signal that we use to identify ourselves to other members when we aren't in our cars... i've been caught staring at other si's and i know the drivers just think i'm gawking

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
area could be a big factor as seeing a honk as "hi there:wavey: " to "move b*tch, get out the way :chill: "

1 - 20 of 106 Posts