8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea my friend called me this morning and said that the dealership in town had a mugen and that he was going to go down and buy it. So i met him at the dealership so I could check it out. Seeing it in person definetly changed my mind about it. its a beautiful car! although its still pretty hard for me to justify paying that much, i was extremely jealous :hitit:

i got to take it for a short test drive and some spirited turns. i know its brand new so we took it easy on it. first impressions: the suspension was definetly tighter and you could tell the kdw's were much better than the stock si tires. i like the muffler sound, had a nice note.

he doesnt really plan on modding it much.

heres a few camera phone pics.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
now he need to join 8thcivic.....

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
So did he pay the 30k+ sticker for it? if so its totally not worth it for a glorified SI. Yours looks better. :thumb:

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The cost of an Si with those (or similar) wheels, suspension, exhaust, body kit would cost about 30k. If you get the Mugen, you get all those parts financed, under warranty and a limited edition model that is sure to go up in value (if you keep it long enough). How is that a waste of money? You are still spending 30K regardless. Where did all the logic go?

·
Registered
923 Posts
2008 Civic Si Sedan: ~$21310
Wheels: ~$3000
Suspension: ~$1100
Exhaust: ~$790
Body Kit: ~$2200
Estimated total: ~$28400

I'd say an extra $1600 is a fair markup on a limited edition vehicle with a warranty that won't be denied just because you have Mugen parts on the vehicle. I actually thought the Mugen Si was overpriced until I actually did the math.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
2008 Civic Si Sedan: ~$21310
Wheels: ~$3000
Suspension: ~$1100
Exhaust: ~$790
Body Kit: ~$2200
Estimated total: ~$28400

I'd say an extra $1600 is a fair markup on a "limited edition" vehicle
That, and you CAN NOT get the mugen parts unless you actually own a mugen.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Jmho !!!!!!

My dealership has one on the showroom floor selling for sticker price. I asked the sales manager why they did not have a added cost for "limited addition" car and his answer was quote " It will be hard enough to sell a $29,500 Civic without jackin up the price". As to the "he doesn't really plan on modding it much". Crap, it came with $8,000 of worth of mods. What else do you need. If you put a turbo or supercharger on it, by the time it is working properly, it will be a $35,000-$38,000 car. Not me. there are far better cars in that price range.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
The cost of an Si with those (or similar) wheels, suspension, exhaust, body kit would cost about 30k. If you get the Mugen, you get all those parts financed, under warranty and a limited edition model that is sure to go up in value (if you keep it long enough). How is that a waste of money? You are still spending 30K regardless. Where did all the logic go?

Let me see, I bought my 06 Si for 22k. So far I have spent...

$200 for Sri.
$150 for springs.
$500 for a catback.
$360 for a Race header.
$120 for p2r spacer and thermo gaskets.
$40 for Hondata IMG.

The total for the parts are $1,300. So add that to the cost of the car($22k) and the total comes out to........

A way faster Msi for about $10k less..

So is the Mugen Si really worth the price?????

HELL NO
Ohhhh and $950 for an HFP kit.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Originally Posted by udumkid
Let me see, I bought my 06 Si for 22k. So far I have spent...

$200 for Sri.
$150 for springs.
$500 for a catback.
$360 for a Race header.
$120 for p2r spacer and thermo gaskets.
$40 for Hondata IMG.

The total for the parts are $1,300. So add that to the cost of the car($22k) and the total comes out to........

A way faster Msi for about $10k less..

So is the Mugen Si really worth the price?????

HELL NO
The Mugen suspension is 1600 bucks and will spank those $150 springs in any corner.
SRI don't do anyting (unless its X's and that $300).
You forgot forged wheels made in Japan 2500 at least that are lighter and wider than a stock Si with stickier rubber to boot.
An areo package that acutally works in increasing high speed stability.

The Mugen will beat your Si on a road course all day every day which is what it is supposed to do. But I will give you a 2 tenth advantage in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Put it in the garage, for the one simple reason it's 1 of 5000 with a number an then go by a basic si and do it up. My si looks just like his but black and for less money and can still beat it come race day, but hey to each his own I just wouldn't do any mods on the MUG cause then it's losing value!!! NO GOOD TO LOSE!!!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
8 grand in what parts?! what i see is mugen suspension and mugen body kit?! you mean to say that **** costs $8,000 total?! what a waste i'd rather buy an EVO or STI with that money. Limited edition my ass! they are just FBP SI's pulled off the line with mugen decals on it. LAME!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts