8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my friend may of backed his Tacoma into my civic. Not positive since he didn't notice when he left that night, and I didn't notice until the next morning. Kinda looks like it though with the way the cars were set up combined with the damage to my car, and how easily it could've happened.

anyway, was curious on a general estimate if anybody had that kind of insight here. I'll still be going to take it in for a real estimate later, but just curious.

click here for more/bigger pics
Sucks it happened, just glad it wasn't worse. Hopefully it wont cost him too much. BTW, today is my birthday :p

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Bumper looks fine, only problem may be the pegs that snap into place along the fender. New Fender (junkyard), New Headlight (here or Ebay), if the hood had no damage to the front, odds are any damage maybe internal either by the support or from the lip of the fender pushing up against it. IF the hood was damaged, it can be fixed. Most work not readily visible maybe straightening out the lip under the fender/hood.

I bought my old Del Sol after it had been run off the road and slaughtered it's front end on guardrail. The cosmetic damage was pretty bad. I had the support straightened by my mechanic and I installed the new fender myself. Unfortunately, my bumper had to be fiberglassed (I was living in Italy at the time), there was a nasty mark on my hood where it had been crinkled up by the impact, couldn't even tell after I had the finishing touches done at a body shop.

In short, get as much as you can on your own to avoid inflated costs for parts. They're often marked up 25%.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
go on ebay i saw them selling some painted fenders for like 200-300
Yeah, I saw those too. There's one guy that sells painted hoods and fenders. I'm not sure what the quality is...but I was thinking about getting the fender.

I think the total price for the hood and fender on ebay would be around $600-$800.

To the OP, would your insurance cover it? If it's not your fault, you can probably get the insurance to pay for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies, and feel free to keep em' comin'.

To Taz- We're both fully insured, but he was worried about his insurance rates increasing again and was hoping to pay for it out of pocket. However, we're both poor college students so this option is looking less likely.

to Nitrous- I wish it had been a real taco too =\

(I've tried to reply to this thread before this, but the reply's don't seem to be showing up o_O)

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, and feel free to keep em' comin'.

To Taz- We're both fully insured, but he was worried about his insurance rates increasing again and was hoping to pay for it out of pocket. However, we're both poor college students so this option is looking less likely.

to Nitrous- I wish it had been a real taco too =\

(I've tried to reply to this thread before this, but the reply's don't seem to be showing up o_O)
Your replies inadvertently tripped our spam detector. Dunno how that happened.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Yikes the paint just flakes off! seems like Alliston,Ontario plant only put one coat of paint on our civics!! gl getting it fixed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.