8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Greg (HighRev1) install my DC Sport Race Header, who did I great job. Anyways, my question is, did you guys reset your battery after the install of the header? I never did, and have yet to get a CEL or anything like it. I heard you might get one after resetting the battery. Any info would be greatful.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 02 sensor. I'm just wondering if I should reset the ECU/battery with the new install to possibly get better gains?

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you go to the track often? I heard launching the car with this header can crack it pretty easily. Anyone can tell me how I know if I have the old model or the new model?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I don't go to the track but I've launched my car a few times with no cracks. I have a brother that works in the automotive business and he helps me make sure there are no cracks.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Civic06SiR said:
I don't go to the track but I've launched my car a few times with no cracks. I have a brother that works in the automotive business and he helps me make sure there are no cracks.
how does he do that?

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
SacrificeTheory said:
I had Greg (HighRev1) install my DC Sport Race Header, who did I great job. Anyways, my question is, did you guys reset your battery after the install of the header? I never did, and have yet to get a CEL or anything like it. I heard you might get one after resetting the battery. Any info would be greatful.
Were on the same boat, installed it this week.

I didnt reset my battery. And I havent got a CEL.

Lets see who gets 1 first I guess :biggrin: doubt we will..

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
yes undo the neg. post for a min or soo then crank it up and let it idle for a few min.. then u will throw a code after a lil bit.(po420) idk if anyone said this but im to lazy to read others comments :biggrin:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Im thinken of getting DCRH (because of price)But has the craking thing
been handled? I know most places will just replace the thing but then
I would stuck with instal again...

·
Registered
55 Posts
yes it has been fixed. I've had mine on for about 6 months now. Just make sure they are a the newest batch.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
SacrificeTheory said:
I had Greg (HighRev1) install my DC Sport Race Header, who did I great job.
Thanks MUCH my pleasure......

Positive battery should be dissconnected, Not NEG, and you should dot he idle re-learn and the Crank pattern relearn if you do dissconnect it!!! Do a search for both there on here...the procedure to do them.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
the header has no problems now... and you usually throw a code with no defouler. i always do just clear it through my scan gauge every so often

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
SacrificeTheory said:
Plus, it seems like you have a Taffeta White Si coupe, too. We're twins :thumb:

Buy the way, I just got the CEL today at night.

Seems like im gonna have to eliminate that CEL soon, or else im gonna be using more fuel then usual.

Took a total of 2weeks for it to come on.:sadwavy:

I heard Autozone might have them, but havent had time to go check, true?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes it's true, AutoZone and other auto parts stores will have them. It's actually called a "Spark Plug Defouler." Check the second or third page of the DCRH DIY Install thread for the part number.

On another note, you won't be consuming more fuel with that CEL. That trouble code has no effect on the performance aspects of the car, it's just there to let you know that something is up with the cat.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
SacrificeTheory said:
Do you go to the track often? I heard launching the car with this header can crack it pretty easily. Anyone can tell me how I know if I have the old model or the new model?
I heard they fixed their problems, but if you're worried about that, get the ingalls dogbone mount and torque dampner. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts