8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody change their belt yet? I've been running mine for 12,000 miles, no problems so far, no slippage, trying to figure out what a safe number is to run before changing it. I'm wondering if I could get my local honda dealer to switch it during my next oil change. Anybody have the instructions to switch it over (I need comptech to get their stuff in gear and get their website back up and running).
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Lemme find the instructions I know their still hosted online I posted the link once before. COuple minutes..Is there a way to search links you have posted?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks so much! Anybody have recommendations as to how often to change the belt? I don't drive the car very hard or very often for that matter (for most of the week it stays parked at my apartment. mostly a weekend toy).
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
At that rate of driving the car, the rubber might start to break down on a molecular level before you wear the groves off the belt.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Yes the A/C needs to be drained....I dunno I did the belt once and the guy has had NO issues with his belt nor has he tightened it. I dunno maybee he is lucky.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Highrev1 said:
Did you add the AC line spacer?
nope, didnt need it. the line clears the sc with about 1/4 inch to spare. the line is attached to the motor so it doesnt need all that additional space since it moves with the motor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts