8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont do it...honestly all it does is suck in hot air an i experienced it first hand....i went to the track the other night..after letting the car cool for 35 min (got there late) i get on the track and all it did was bog BAD...i got so fed up with it that i took it out that night and the stock intake made the car feel completly different,..ive had my SRI (fujita) since februaury and it was a waste of money

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
baz938 said:
Dont do it...honestly all it does is suck in hot air an i experienced it first hand....i went to the track the other night..after letting the car cool for 35 min (got there late) i get on the track and all it did was bog BAD...i got so fed up with it that i took it out that night and the stock intake made the car feel completly different,..ive had my SRI (fujita) since februaury and it was a waste of money
i know what you mean, i had similar experiances with my SRI (also fujita), i went bak to stock for a while too, then i created my scoop and some other heat fighting things and my SRI never gets hot or even warm now. but if your car is pretty stock then the stock airbox is the way to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
See now I had the total opposite experience. I had an Injen SRI,3" HFC and Skunk2 Exhaust and my top end increase dramtically. Just yesterday I took off my Injen SRI after have it on for over a year, reset the ECU. Now it feels gutless in the upper RPM's, but i will say it does feel a little better in the bottom end but top end has gone down for sure.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I love my AEM SRI, I think that it does improve performance and SRI's have been dynoed to add about 4 HP, which you can't really feel. But my favorite thing about my SRI is it makes the car sound so much better, and I love hearing the suction with the window down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
goofygamer said:
Does the K&N drop in really make a difference? If so, how?
I have the K&N drop in filter. It really helps gas milage if you are driving on the highway. Before I put it in I was getting 350-360 miles on a tank, now I can easily get over 425.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts