8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am very interested in turboing my FG2 Si.
I have seen a few kits on the market like AJP and GReddy.

Are you guys satisfied with your turbo results?

What horsepower are you putting to the wheels? with what kit? with how much boost? and with what other modifications?

What quarter mile ET are you running?

ANY feedback at all on this subject from owners will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------
edited... this thread has taken a turn for the worse. Please note
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/2090066-post184.html

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
to answer a few questions i would say the avg greddy set up is 240-260. unless you up the boost and or run better equipment. ajp is in the 300's and sc's are 230-260 depending on additional mods. quarter miles times i would range anywhere from 13.4's and below for all the kits depending on tires and drivers.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just got the Greddy Kit installed and currently running the base map until wednesday. Right now im sitting at 227Whp and had a few questions for people who have the kit. Has anyone had a issue with the mass air flow sensor in which while in boost the throttle cuts off and the check engine light comes on. it wont let u go over 3k until u turn the car off. I checked to see what code it was showing and it was the MAF. Got it cleared and it drives fine. Anyone know why this is happening.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
For A Bench mark...

300 WHP on a 3000 LB car (inc. Driver) is roughly 13.0 Sec Quarter mile, According to GLD's Calc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't buy a greddy kit until the k-pro or aem comes out with some kinda stand alone. My friend can pretty much wire anything, he has a k-pro for an rsx he's going to see if he can wire it for my car in a week or two. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
I wouldn't buy a greddy kit until the k-pro or aem comes out with some kinda stand alone. My friend can pretty much wire anything, he has a k-pro for an rsx he's going to see if he can wire it for my car in a week or two. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Please do. Are you presently using a reflash? I'd be interested to hear if your friend can get the K-Pro to work and still retain functionality of the stock gauge cluster and everything else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No I actually called hondata and explained my situation and the one guy was pretty cool and told me that the reflash won't help me out any.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just to clear some things up. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE A KPRO ON A FG2 CIVIC SI. My best friend Dave has a sponsored 07 Si Supercharged by Jackson. Its the only 07 Supercharged by jackson in the states as of now. Jim Helbing of Motorvations in Birmingham Alabama made it happen even though jacksons kit is said to only work with the 2006 set up. And yes ppl. the 2006 and 2007 civic si's are completely different when it comes to tuning. And the KPRO Is yet to be on a FG2. Trust me if its possible Jim wouldve had it done already. Dave was guarenteed by Hondata to have the first KPro released for the FG2s. If anyone thinks I'm lying at all feel free to google Jim Helbing Motorvations. You should find a way to get his number and you can call him yourself.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Just to clear some things up. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE A KPRO ON A FG2 CIVIC SI. My best friend Dave has a sponsored 07 Si Supercharged by Jackson. Its the only 07 Supercharged by jackson in the states as of now. Jim Helbing of Motorvations in Birmingham Alabama made it happen even though jacksons kit is said to only work with the 2006 set up. And yes ppl. the 2006 and 2007 civic si's are completely different when it comes to tuning. And the KPRO Is yet to be on a FG2. Trust me if its possible Jim wouldve had it done already. Dave was guarenteed by Hondata to have the first KPro released for the FG2s. If anyone thinks I'm lying at all feel free to google Jim Helbing Motorvations. You should find a way to get his number and you can call him yourself.
Good for you kid. When Doug from Hondata says it's impossible, then I'll believe it. Until then...:wavey:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
it's been done in a fit already

Honda Fit K20 Engine Swap - Import Tuner Magazine

hondata, k20z3 si engine, 2 ecu's, 1 running kpro

hasport did it.

From page 2

If you're thinking this is a simple B16 swap in some Civic scenario-think again. Although most of the parts involved in making the k-series dream come true are straightforward (minus the header, which will be explained as we continue), the piggyback ECU setup, which requires two ECU's (factory ECU and Hondata K-Pro), is unique to the Fit swap and a necessary component for the dash, electronic power steering motor, and throttle body drive-by-wire-system to work. Communication with the car and ECU is CAN Bus and information for the dash and climate control is handled through this system. CAN is known as Controller Area Network and is found on many of the newer vehicles sold on the market today. While the factory ECU plays an integral part in controlling many of the factory features, the Fit harness was also modified by Hondata to fit the K20. Along with making the harness fit, the VTEC solenoid wiring and crank position sensor no. 2 wiring were added. With the unique feature of running two ECU's, the Fit ECU and K-pro unit were reflashed to run in a piggy-back configuration. The ECU was then modified to take the '06 Si input shaft speed sensor as the signal was converted to use the Fit ECU.

·
Registered
84 Posts
alright guys you all are right**
no.

someone here get a comptech supercharger in a 07 then get the hondata/comptech reflash.. yeah dont work good does it? amazing your car doesnt start.
now do it in a 06 (like the ride of the month) and it works wonders. wow thats one difference between the 06 and 07..

look at the shifter bushings. one way for me to prove this is go to corsport and look at the shortshifter deals. they have one for 06 civic and one for 07+ civics. theres another difference.

put a kpro on either one an 06 or 07.. wait they dont make one yet bec im right and you ppl go off of what you read rather then hands on. ive tried on my 06 and daves tried on his jackson 07. mine has been at Blindside imports and Motorvations. Neither could get anything to work.

why would I make that up I was just saying before you guys got your hopes up. kPros release date as of now for the 06 Si is late May and for the 07+ Si is Mid Summer.
And please someone try gettin a KPro for an 07 or 08 when it only comes out for the 06 so I can laugh at you and told you.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
what the hell?! the only difference between the 07 and the 06 si is the stability assist system. Hondata has a "reflash" out for both the 2006 and 2007 AND 2008 civics already. the only difference between the reflashes is the fact that the 2007/8 has some programming for the traction control.

yes, there is/was a different shift bushing kit for the 2006 and 2007 civics- I'm pretty sure all they did was change a locking pin design.

what does ^ that have anything to do with computer, and engine, tuning? that's like saying that because the fog light switch was relocated means that the whole engine works differently.

the K-Pro currently only functions with the RSX-S computer, as far as I am aware. It would be making OUR car work with an RSX computer that would be the issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
what the hell?! the only difference between the 07 and the 06 si is the stability assist system. Hondata has a "reflash" out for both the 2006 and 2007 AND 2008 civics already. the only difference between the reflashes is the fact that the 2007/8 has some programming for the traction control.

yes, there is/was a different shift bushing kit for the 2006 and 2007 civics- I'm pretty sure all they did was change a locking pin design.

what does ^ that have anything to do with computer, and engine, tuning? that's like saying that because the fog light switch was relocated means that the whole engine works differently.

the K-Pro currently only functions with the RSX-S computer, as far as I am aware. It would be making OUR car work with an RSX computer that would be the issue.
I know shift bushings has nothing to do with tuning just trying to make my point clear. And no it wasnt a locking pin. You just made that up. And they do have the reflash out for all year model civics you are right. But you havnt made any point that anyone else hasnt already brought up.

If anyone on this site can find me a 2007 civic si with a comptech supercharger and the hondata/comptech reflash I will personally send them a set of tein springs that came off a wrecked 06 civic si.
that means pictures, website, articles, everything. Not just someone on here saying there neighbor has one.

And also if someone can show me a k20z3 with a KPro.
NOT A KPro and a stock ecu in one. Then I wont send them the springs cause I havnt 100% tested that in everyway possible but I will admit Im wrong and apologize for being wrong. Even though I'm not bec I've tried.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
remember, this is earth, anything is possible. when there's a way, someone will find it.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.