8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
"Actually, the exhaust is still 2.5" until after the shifter box, as I still have a 2.5" Magnaflow resonator in place, then a 2.5"-to-3" flare, and the remainder of the Thermal 3" exhaust to the Thermal muffler out back.

Also, it's quieter than my previous 2.5" Magnaflow muffler.

- Derek"

sounds like the guy lied to you :giggle:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Not to mention the fact that he is tuned on K-Pro and I am sure with a tuning option for our car the 3inch could make a gain difference. Provided a header, but as of yet 3inch exhaust might still be to big in a net benefits case looking at power loss vs gain across the power band in tq and hp.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
"Actually, the exhaust is still 2.5" until after the shifter box, as I still have a 2.5" Magnaflow resonator in place, then a 2.5"-to-3" flare, and the remainder of the Thermal 3" exhaust to the Thermal muffler out back.

- Derek"

sounds like the guy lied to you :giggle:
hows the tsx throttle body coming along

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have chimed in on this sort of thing before and coming from the 5th generation prelude community before i bought my SI...i can personally say i have seen many dyno sheets IN person that show FULL 3 inch exhaust GAINS power with no low end torque loss...H22's and K20's WANT to breathe guys...

im sick of the "backpressure" crap being everyones excuse as to why 3 inch is garbage on NA motors without a TON of work done to them...ask any prelude guy and they will tell you 3 inch is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Actually, the exhaust is still 2.5" until after the shifter box, as I still have a 2.5" Magnaflow resonator in place, then a 2.5"-to-3" flare, and the remainder of the Thermal 3" exhaust to the Thermal muffler out back.

- Derek

with this guy's post here, couldn't we essentially do the same thing? Have the 2.5 all the way till that certain point for exhaust scavanging and the 3" open the rest so the gasses coul escape quicker?

He almost did what the drag cars did which was run a straight header and exhaust for a while and run the piss out of it till the header/catback pearls or blues and cut off the length of that part! Then slap on that 3" the rest of the way!!!

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
So.. become the joke of everyone that you ever drive around to just gain 2hp.

I think I'd rather not be laughed at than see the minimal gains.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.