8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get aftermarket fog lights for an 08 FBP Si coupe. i don't know where to put the aftermarket switch. i want to ask the people here where they putted their switch since we can't use the slot taken up by the VSA and what kind of switch (just an ordinary rocker switch from the auto store?). i want it to look stock still and as hidden as possible. i can't get the stalk switch because the shops around here said they can't do it or they can try but no guarantees if anything goes wrong so i don't want to risk it. inputs appreciated.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
the stalk is easy. Installing the fogs is a pain though.
Anyways, most people bought the stalk. And by looking at the instructions, it looks fairly easy to replace. Just becareful removing part of the steering wheel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
removing part of the steering wheel is the matter that concerns them i think. i don't know why. i looks easy enough on the instructions. maybe they're not that good. as for me doing it myself, i don't know much about electrical and hardware stuff so i don't want to mess up. that's why i'm thinking of where to hide the switch nicely so that when i go to the shop i already have an idea in mind.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I assume OEM is out of the question then? You'll spend the extra hundred bucks but it'll be legit

or follow this thread

I just ordered everything and will probably install this weekend. I'm mechanically retarded so if I can do it, I'm sure you can too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts